• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    i've seen this happen on other forums where it was a combo of bad ammo and p-mag. The p-mag does not allow any venting down the magazine with no hole on the bottom of the mag. I've also seen where guys have put there own holes in p-mags to try and prevent this.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't want to be one of the people that say don't shoot steel cased ammo with no personal experience to back it up whatsoever, mainly because I would recommend shooting the **** out of it, but I will recommend that you take it to a gunsmith ASAP.

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    At the very minimum, I would give the action and the chamber a good cleaning.

I had a problem with mine short stroking, i had heard in the past they like to run wet..Guess what, I guess mine does as well. I was not using enough oil on it.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
    Steve

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Get thee and thy rifle to a gunsmith at the soonest. Something is keeping your ammo from fully chambering. Or possibly a firing pin problem. Is it a slam fire, or did you pull the trigger and it went boom?

Be sure to bring your ammo with the rifle. I have shot thousands of Remington UMC out of my AR's with no problems. Maybe a bad lot of ammo. It has happened before..

Your problem can not be fixed over the internet. If you are close to Ft Wayne, I can look at it. Others on this board can look at it too. Just don't shoot it until it is diagnosed and fixed.

There is much wisdom here.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    So ppl are blaming it on PMAGS now lol???

i'm not, but since i spend way too many hours on here and ar15 i tend to read alot. It isn't that people are blaming the mags, it's just that there is nowhere for the pressure to go when the ammo goes bad, except down the mag. Typically you will have a mag that kindof explodes, and you will have a f-up'd upper receiver and a bent BCG. I doesn't matter to me, i still shoot **** ammo and use pmags in all of my ar's.

HD1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    i'm not, but since i spend way too many hours on here and ar15 i tend to read alot. It isn't that people are blaming the mags, it's just that there is nowhere for the pressure to go when the ammo goes bad, except down the mag. Typically you will have a mag that kindof explodes, and you will have a f-up'd upper receiver and a bent BCG. I doesn't matter to me, i still shoot **** ammo and use pmags in all of my ar's.

ahh gotcha. I wouldn't use anything other than a PMAG, unless I had to.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    loony1, believe me, I am not laughing at you, I am laughing at the idea of your concept of the little hole in the bottom of the mag is there to vent gases.

A slam fire is like a grenade going off in front of your face, That little hole in the bottom of the mag, which is intended to drain off water will not be effective to vent off pressure from a slam fire. If there is one round or 29 rounds in the magazine if a slam fire occurs, they will all be ejected out the bottom of the mag ricky tick. And lots of nasty things will happen to the handguards and upper receiver

I have experienced a slam fire. You don't want to, believe me.

The OP needs to get the rifle checked out by an experienced gun guy before he shoots it again. JMO

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom