• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    I'm sure this has been covered before, I did a search and didn't really come up with what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to upgrade my 7.62x39 ar with a new Handguard and optic. I have the basic plastic one now and would like to get a free float system. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot but $150 or so would be ideal. What do you guys recommend? Also any brands to stay away from? I've been looking at the diamondhead vrs series and also the ones Anderson manufacturing makes, which are all currently out of stock. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SMOS. They make a 13.75" rail. They either still do or used to manufacture for Noveske. It's basically a Noveske NSR for $157 shipped. Best out there, IMHO, in the $150 range if you like M-Lok.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    I'm definitely wanting a rail at the 12 o'clock position, and the ability to add one at 6 o'clock for a vertical grip. I have a picatany rail gas block right now, I'm wanting to replace it with a low profile one and just use the rail on the new Handguard.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for all the replies, I went with the smos rail. Looks like great quality and has the features I was wanting. Placed my order earlier this afternoon

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Smart man. Best forearm listed in this thread. Basically a Noveske NSR for $157.

Thanks for all the replies, I went with the smos rail. Looks like great quality and has the features I was wanting. Placed my order earlier this afternoon

Jerryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Terre haute
    I would just go national match ff tube. All those rails and slots look cool but only serve to distract. You will end up spending a ton of money thats not going to do you a bit of good. There's a lot of unmentioned negatives to rails. Front heavy is one.Cumbersome and what ever you put on the rail will snag every twig in the woods. Forget sliding it in and out of a gun case (even hard cases). The best I have used in 29 yes of ar15s is the old yhm and the yhm diamond series. I use nm tubes because they are light weight and ff the bbl.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    The Troy Alpha rails are pretty good too. Some can be had at $150 or less. It comes with short sections of rail that you can place where ever you want.

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Hand guard arrived today, plan on installing it tomorrow after work. I think the stainless barrel will look good underneath it

60b649c7-00e6-4102-a1bc-d4d1b8ddfba5_zpsg62fcnap.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom