• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I already have a carry handle scope. I'm happy with it for now. I am getting a flat top receiver and will be picking up a detachable carry handle. My question is, what type of flip up front sight would you recommend to replace the traditional A2 type front sight? Thank you

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I already have a carry handle scope. I'm happy with it for now. I am getting a flat top receiver and will be picking up a detachable carry handle. My question is, what type of flip up front sight would you recommend to replace the traditional A2 type front sight? Thank you

The way I read this, you are planning to swap your barrel into a new A3 upper receiver, then replace your A2 front sight, with a railed gas block?

On this new flat top upper, you are going to install a removable carry handle, then mount an optic on top of that removable carry handle? Then you believe you need a flip-up front sight for the upper, as opposed to a fixed front sight base?

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say UTG probably makes a front sight that would fit that set-up.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    The way I read this, you are planning to swap your barrel into a new A3 upper receiver, then replace your A2 front sight, with a railed gas block?

On this new flat top upper, you are going to install a removable carry handle, then mount an optic on top of that removable carry handle? Then you believe you need a flip-up front sight for the upper, as opposed to a fixed front sight base?

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say UTG probably makes a front sight that would fit that set-up.

I agree. Yes they are cheaper sights but they are built rather well for the money. Mine are not the flip up sights. When not using the scope for varmints she wears her irons for play and house duty. Both the scope and sights hold zero when removed then reinstalled.

2012-03-14_14-11-56_905.jpg

2012-03-15_08-54-31_442.jpg

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have both the PRI and YHM flip up's and they both work well. They are great if you're wanting to go to a red dot sight and have the flip up's co-witness.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Thanks INGO! I have decided to go with an A3 flat top that has an A2 front sight post. Here's the link. It's near the bottom, it's the cheapest RRA upper. I will install a Vortex flash hider when I get it...... It's an AR 15 pistol so I wanted a carry handle to act as a riser for the optics. I ordered a detachable carry handle for my NC Star ACOG clone with the carry handle mount (for now). I will be getting a LaRue carry handle mounted rail soon. I'll then get an ATN nightvision scope followed by a real Trijicon ACOG....I'm getting the RRA 10.5" barreled upper, someday I'll get a 7" upper and will probably go A4 complete flat top style with that one. Thanks again I appreciate the advice!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom