• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just did this lightweight class carbine build. Purpose built for Revere's Riders style classes. Lothar Walther barrel, mid gas, lwrc buis, simple effective rifle with a 15" handguard. Weighs around 6 lbs. Kind of refreshing to put something so simple together.

Lcw6X2c.jpg

I love how clean that build is. And the hint of blue in the Magpul grey is awesome, looks like a battleship.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Nice build. Where'd you pickup the Lothar Walther barrel?

From their site directly. I had a good experience ordering, but ymmv apparently. Their work is top notch, importer may be iffy.

I love how clean that build is. And the hint of blue in the Magpul grey is awesome, looks like a battleship.

I have been sitting on that furniture for months, waiting for this build apparently lol. I really like the way this one came out. Real military industrial feel.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That's a nice looking rifle.
    Thank you. First .308 build. Kinda proud of her, but she did fail to lock back on an empty mag twice on her first outing with the PMC Bronze I was using as break in ammo. I'll have to see how she does as we continue on. I have other springs, and other ammo. I was never intending to run the PMC crap as a duty ammo anyway.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Thank you. First .308 build. Kinda proud of her, but she did fail to lock back on an empty mag twice on her first outing with the PMC Bronze I was using as break in ammo. I'll have to see how she does as we continue on. I have other springs, and other ammo. I was never intending to run the PMC crap as a duty ammo anyway.

I have always heard that PMC Bronze was on the bottom of the power scale for .223, but it sounds like it is for .308 as well. Strong enough to run the gun, but not to lock the bolt back.
    My Sig M400 will not feed .223 reliably, but 5.56 it eats all day. It was an M4 when I bought it, and shot .223 very well, but then I rebuilt it into a Recce style later with a low-pro gas block and a keymod forend. I figure either I have the gas block slightly off center or the block's gas port is out of spec. I plan to replace it with an adjustable gas block.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I liked how that shot of the .308 came out on that downed branch came out so I took my other ARs out there.

My 16" middy. Nice light gun, but with a big ass heavy scope. Now that I've got a LPVO on the .308, I want one on this one too.

5J9FMSE.jpg

My .300 Blackout SBR. My preferred go-to gun. I copied the rail, VFG, Warcomp, and light set up from this for the .308 because I love it so much. Everything on this just works...

77hUftZ.jpg

My latest is a 10.5 5.56 pistol. Yup, just had to do the Midwest Industries rail, Warcomp, and similar light. Ran out of money though, and went with Streamlight rather than another Surefire. This one also has an A1 style upper for it, but waiting on the sight, and teardrop style forward assist to come in.

FiRiqOb.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Just got back from the 75Th anniversary D Day event at my VFW.
    Too dark for a nice outside shot, but here is the new A1 upper, and Sig Romeo 5 on the pistola...

qg75SSe.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom