• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very cool, apex is just so much more affordable than some brands... I'd probably love to have one in a 34!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Follow up video

[video=youtube;PmJz52cs7w4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJz52cs7w4[/video]
    Apex parts for M&Ps are top notch but it appears it has a ton of overtravel and a pretty long reset. Don't want to sound full of myself but what I do has minimal overtravel and a much quicker reset.. I've never examined a "drop in" that limited overtravel and reduced the reset.. Maybe the adjustments are there and install wasn't done correctly but considering it's Apex parts I'm surprised and not at all impressed.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Nope. That's a 1911.
    :laugh: Comparing 1911 and striker pistol triggers is apples and oranges. Nothing better than a 1911 trigger.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer- Certified M&P armorer[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I will second NHt3 He did my 35's trigger. And it is VERY nice. No extra fancy parts needed! Plenty good factory parts. That just need the right tweak from the right person.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Apex parts for M&Ps are top notch but it appears it has a ton of overtravel and a pretty long reset. Don't want to sound full of myself but what I do has minimal overtravel and a much quicker reset.. I've never examined a "drop in" that limited overtravel and reduced the reset.. Maybe the adjustments are there and install wasn't done correctly but considering it's Apex parts I'm surprised and not at all impressed.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

I was thinking the same thing while watching this. The trigger job you did on my G23 resulted in far less overtravel and reset than what is shown in the vid.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No such thing as a perfect gun. There will always some room for improvements, even the 1911's

99.99999999% of 1911s can be improved. Even the very best of them lack the critical factor of not being my gun. The best trigger in the world does not do me any good if it's on someone elses gun. :)

Top Bottom