• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    i know bald is beautiful but I don't like it and mine is falling out. I'll have to come to terms with this soon but is there anyway to slow it down :):

how about rogaine? guys?

Rogaine3_enlarge.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I tried it years ago and despised it. Now I just wear hats a lot. :):

Way back then, it was very oily and apparently you could never stop using it. That may have changed. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. My hairloss just isn't that big of an issue for me.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Never touched the stuff
    I know people say it works well, at least for a while. Regular treatments are crucial. Once you stop, it stops.

As a result, my head is smooth as can be...funny thing is, I wanted to be bald since I was a kid.

My wish was granted.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm trying to decide if I just want to shave down to 1/8 inch or something. I can't quite work up the courage.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Eh, it'll grow back if you don't like it that short.

Can you wear hats if the look does bother you or will that not go over at work, etc?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Eh, it'll grow back if you don't like it that short.

Can you wear hats if the look does bother you or will that not go over at work, etc?

Can't really wear hats at work. I'm a white-collar computer nerd. My biggest fear is that shaving my head will make my hair feel rejected and then it'll never come back!

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    i think it looks better shot on bald guys. im not checking bald guys out often... but comb overs are the worst

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Fear not-you'll get at least one of those Charlie Brown style hairs to sprout from the top of your bald head

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, like I said, I'm not really overly concerned about my hair. The hats are really just to keep from getting sunburned in the summer or having a cold head in the winter. And to keep the brass out of my hair, of course. :)

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Hair? What Hair?

Razors are cheaper than Rogaine, and my wife likes the Clean look.

Started shaving what little was left a couple years ago.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    You need to develop the attitude my dad had, before he passed. When anyone gave him a hard time about being bald, he just grinned and informed them that he wasn't bald, that was a solar panel for a sex machine.:lmfao:

teamplayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    A thumbs up

I've used generic minoxidil for 8 years because of genetics and I noticed some thinning of the crown, exactly the condition this is supposed to slow down. I would say I look almost exactly the same; maybe slight thinning depending how short I get a haircut. It still comes in glycol which seems oily, and I only use it before bed. It's unlikely to "regrow" or reverse hair loss. I testify on a stack of Bibles that it worked for me.

Plus I wear sunscreen and hats. You'll be glad you did when your contemporaries have naugahide skin.

Last edited:

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    You need to develop the attitude my dad had, before he passed. When anyone gave him a hard time about being bald, he just grinned and informed them that he wasn't bald, that was a solar panel for a sex machine.:lmfao:

Yeah, I'm not losing hair, I'm just getting more head. :)

Top Bottom