• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would like to, but I've spent too much on hunting this year already... Where did you hunt last time you were out there?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's on my bucket list but will probably remain in that status for many years before I'll have a chance to go. Hopefully I'll be able to while I'm still capable of tackling the terrain. :(

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have a brother that lives outside of Leadville Co, I normally spend around two weeks every year hunting there with my brother or my son.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Warning: Obvious double entendre in this old Bob & Tom bit

[video=youtube;0hPrt5w0JFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hPrt5w0JFk[/video]

Elkaholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Johnson County
    I have been out there five times and finally killed a nice 5x5 in 2013!!! Always bow hunt so it is a little more of a challenge!!! Usually hunt around Gleenwood Springs!

Elkaholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Johnson County
    17 squrril I have been through Leadville! It's beautiful over there! We took a jeep trail up over the mountain and ended up there! The old Silverado didn't take to kindly to the JEEP trail!!! Lol

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    A lot of my issue is not having any contacts or clue about where to go. Trying to find a solid outfitter that doesn't charge a second mortgage for guide services is also challenging and would be necessary since, like I said, no contacts and no clue.

Elkaholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Johnson County
    The first time we went out had no clue as to where to go! We always bow hunt so the license is over the counter and camp in a tent for two weeks!! Not the best conditions but we manage! I kinda like doing stuff the hard way so asking a guide takes the sport out of it for me! There is tons of public land to hunt! we usually spend around $1000 since we split everything!

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    I was hoping to make another trip West for Elk in colorful Colorado but it just isn't in the realm of possibilities for me this year. I was fortunate last fall during my Muley hunt to sit for dinner with a group of locals in CO at their camp for dinner. They invited us to dine on fresh Elk straps with them! MMMMM damn that was tasty!! Sure miss the Elk meat.
    Good luck to all who are fortunate enough to make the trip this year.

Elkaholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Johnson County
    It sure is tasty! We vac sealed everything so it wouldn't go bad and I'm not sure it was really necessary because by the time I let everyone I know try some I barely had any left!!! Lol Meeting other hunters out there is pretty neat! A lot of nice guys out there!!!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Big brother is trying to talk me into going back to northwestern Co, north of Craig.

I have only been there once and we had mule tags, didn't buy elk tags. We hunted the Godiva rim and we didn't have one shot at an antlered deer the whole time. I could have thrown rocks and hit six or seven elk and had shots at another three or four bulls. Isn't that the way it goes?

Big brother wants to go back and try for elk, so we will probably see tons of deer this time.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I love a good elk steak! Even if I don't hunt them soon I may have to buy off my neighbor!

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Yep, heading back to SW Colorado for our biennial elk hunt this September. After several attempts, finally got to taste success in 2013 (It is delicious!) Hoping to repeat this year. Can't wait!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom