Anyone know where to get cheap, reputable gun transfers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    I've used the indiana gun club before, and $25 isn't that bad for items that they don't stock. I was thinking about buying a remington 870 super mag soon and their $50 charge on items they have in their shop would completely negate my rebate. They also want to charge somewhere around $600 for a new 870. I'm located in Carmel but don't mind driving up to an hour if the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Thank you for your time. -Ben

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've used Marksman in Westfield before but their price just went up to $35. I believe Bare Arms in Noblesville is $35 also. His and Hers in Sheridan is $25 but you have to call and see if he will accept from the company you are purchasing from. (Like he won't do Bud's.) Tims Shooting Academy in Westfield is $35.

Also going to be some black Friday deals on 870's. Check all the big box ad's.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Wait a second.
    Youre being charged a transfer fee to buy a gun from a dealer that they have in stock?

Had to re-read that myself, and that seems to be exactly what the OP is saying.

When I buy from any LGS, I pay the selling price + tax, there is no additional FFL transfer fee thrown in.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think he means they charge more if you transfer a gun that they sell, but you buy it from another dealer.

Ex: You want gun (A). They either don't sell it, or they are out of stock. You buy gun (A) from another dealer and transfer it. Fee is $25.

You want gun (B). They have gun (B) on the shelf for $500, but you find it at another dealer for $400. You buy it from the other dealer and transfer it. Fee is $50

It's a penalty for not buying the gun from them.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    You guys were a big help. I ended up calling the guys down at U.S. defense solutions and they were happy to help. As to clear up what I meant earlier... if you order something online or elsewhere and get it sent to the indiana gun club they charge you $50 for the transfer when it is an item they stock. They charge $600 for basic 870 express models and likely more for a super magnum, so I felt inclined to search elsewhere. Thank you guys for being so helpful. Thank you for your time. -Ben

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've used this guy multiple times:

Chip Terril

Office: 317-867-4999
    Mobile 317-690-2123

cterril@OES-Solutions.com

He's located in Westfield right next to Tim's Academy. Super nice guy, very professional. Highly recommended.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You guys were a big help. I ended up calling the guys down at U.S. defense solutions and they were happy to help. As to clear up what I meant earlier... if you order something online or elsewhere and get it sent to the indiana gun club they charge you $50 for the transfer when it is an item they stock. They charge $600 for basic 870 express models and likely more for a super magnum, so I felt inclined to search elsewhere. Thank you guys for being so helpful. Thank you for your time. -Ben

$600 form a basic 870 express?!?? Walk away and never look back. Highway robbery.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think he means they charge more if you transfer a gun that they sell, but you buy it from another dealer.

Ex: You want gun (A). They either don't sell it, or they are out of stock. You buy gun (A) from another dealer and transfer it. Fee is $25.

You want gun (B). They have gun (B) on the shelf for $500, but you find it at another dealer for $400. You buy it from the other dealer and transfer it. Fee is $50

It's a penalty for not buying the gun from them.

Yeah, I've only run into this once (so far). Seems silly to me if they won't price match. Bet few people take that deal

Top Bottom