• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    A currency that's not useful as a currency poses no threat at all.
    I thought this originally. No govt is able to control Bitcoin. Outlawing it is futile. Their best bet is to “try” regulating it, and even that, will have to be done by “gentleman’s agreement.”
    Just like outlawing cocaine and marijuana. We may eventually have a War on Cryptos that lasts decades and costs trillions and imprisons millions.

Govt will seek a way to control it. My guess is they will start competing crypto currencies only they will be fully tracked which i wouldn't doubt that Bitcoin already is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just like outlawing cocaine and marijuana. We may eventually have a War on Cryptos that lasts decades and costs trillions and imprisons millions.

Govt will seek a way to control it. My guess is they will start competing crypto currencies only they will be fully tracked which i wouldn't doubt that Bitcoin already is.
    Bitcoin is tracked, via an open ledger. That ledger, however, in anonymous. Trying to attach an individual to it, I like trying to track the owner of a dollar, that has been split into 100 pennies.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Bitcoin is tracked, via an open ledger. That ledger, however, in anonymous. Trying to attach an individual to it, I like trying to track the owner of a dollar, that has been split into 100 pennies.

I suspect that anyone with the capability to spread a wide enough net, and do enough traffic analysis, could pretty easily attach an email address to a specific ledger entry. It's not much different than the techniques used to monitor the input and output traffic of the old anonymous remailers

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    Crypto currencies seem like a riskier version of the stock market. And that’s scary. It’s so “interesting” to see the market up one day for stupid reasons that don’t matter. Then down the next for stupid reasons that don’t matter. But those crypto currencies have mood swings worst than anything I’ve ever seen. Up $10k and down $20k. No thanks for that kind of heartburn.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I suspect that anyone with the capability to spread a wide enough net, and do enough traffic analysis, could pretty easily attach an email address to a specific ledger entry. It's not much different than the techniques used to monitor the input and output traffic of the old anonymous remailers
    Quantum computing is about the only way you’re going to crack the most secure cryptos, and that’s assuming the token’s code isn’t modified. I can’t imagine that wouldn’t happen.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Exactly why I would not want to be one of the people that got paid BTC for hacking Colonial Pipeline. Yeah they scored. Now they have to survive being actively hunted and probably not just by every alphabet agency in the USG. I imagine a lot of governments around the world realize they have a vested interest in finding and making examples of these people.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I had to put my phone down for the day. I want to reload on BTC but Im getting tired of buying the dip for it only to go on closeout sale again the next day. I wanted to acquire more ETH to even out my portfolio but cant miss out on this BTC fire sale.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So you are led to believe.

IMHO there is nothing on the internet that is anonymous including anything that you believe to be encrypted. I know it is marketed that way, but I'm not buying it.

Just like I don't believe the the federal government only collects meta-data or whatever BS they like to state about their spying efforts on us. Crypto currencies IMHO all have a backdoor that the government has into software systems. (My D.I.L. is the director of electronic security at a large tech company that everyone know. She also worked in electronic security for the Federal Reserve.) I think it is likely that Satoshi Nakamoto is simply some US government agency who work hand in hand with our tech companies.

Could be wrong but I think my odds of being right are much higher than 50/50.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I had to put my phone down for the day. I want to reload on BTC but Im getting tired of buying the dip for it only to go on closeout sale again the next day. I wanted to acquire more ETH to even out my portfolio but cant miss out on this BTC fire sale.
    I'm not sure a 40% drop can accurately be described as a 'dip' :):

Bloodbath, maybe. It can't even realistically be called a 'correction'

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I’d like to see that but things across the board are rebounding today. BTC up to 37
    Give it time. The retracement may well go to 25k or even 18k (based on technical research I have seen from a guy I know who is CIO of Guggenheim Investments. He's usually pretty good but he buys and sells early, but I guess that is better than late.)

Top Bottom