• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You're a smart guy, so I going to assume that you doing your research on these projects right? My girlfriend's brother just bought a bunch of Stellar and Cardano, after I told him how to do it. When I asked why he was buying those specific coins, he said because he couldn't afford most of the others, and these were really cheap. He had no clue about the purpose of the coins. LOTS of people are going to lose money because they are following what they believe is easy money. 90% of these projects are going to crash and burn.

I dabble more than learn at this. It's like roulette, but your money stays on the table. You're hoping a $500 bet eventually pays 35:1

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dabble more than learn at this. It's like roulette, but your money stays on the table. You're hoping a $500 bet eventually pays 35:1

Dash is admitted a coin that has tons of potential. I don't know about 35:1, but you'll make your money if youre patient.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I tried to get into Coinspot and they emailed me asking for an Australian driver's license. Doh

The requirements are always changing. A few months ago that was not needed. Some exchanges have even closed accounts for Americans because of regulation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dad wants to invest in LTC now. Going to help set up an account this weekend for him.

pc9ludvcpt401.jpg

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'll be selling excess ammo and dumping that $ in crypto

how did you buy dash? I need to figure out wallets so I can buy fractional btc and transfer them into other currencies

I think this post gives a good high-level description of the procedure. Details depend on the specific exchanges and personal wallets you might use.

AhLfwjk.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I buy base on if I like the look of the symbol or the name. So it is like roulette for me.:n00b:

If I was to play roulette style, I would take $500, and put $10 is every coin that is less than 0.005 and let it ride for 5. If ONE hits, you'll make a pretty penny.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm not fully understanding your question.

How do you put $10 into fifty coins given there's cost to transfer between wallets and currencies? Still looking for a platform I can buy more of them. But as I said I need to read your article. Probably buy btc then transfer to wallet and then to other currencies?

when you are dealing with 0.00345 fractions the exchange rate can really destroy you if you don't pay attention

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How do you put $10 into fifty coins given there's cost to transfer between wallets and currencies? Still looking for a platform I can buy more of them. But as I said I need to read your article. Probably buy btc then transfer to wallet and then to other currencies?

when you are dealing with 0.00345 fractions the exchange rate can really destroy you if you don't pay attention

The cost would be relatively minuscule. This is where block size and fees and transactions times come into play. Miners choose which transactions to confirm, and are paid relative to the size of the transaction. If you were spending $10,000, they're going to get your transaction through quicker than if you were spending $100, because the reward is greater. Most places will have you convert your BTC into the other coins rather than accepting fiat outright. But you are right you do need to pay attention the the rate of exchange.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Call me skeptical but I can't help but think I am watching a train wreck in really slow motion. This is like trying to re-invent the wheel. There are so many stocks that are going to hang people so high it wont even be funny. This is going to make the dot com bubble look like a non event.......I really believe that. The easiest money right now is shorting these junk stocks (RIOT, LFIN, DPW, MARA) that are running up on fake hope. I wouldn't be surprised if SEC shuts some of them down. There are gonna be a lot of pissed off mom and dads when they find out Jr lost all their college funds and are in debt from trading coins that don't exist. Reminds me of the dot com bubble on super strong steroids.

I very well could be wrong(and kind of hope I am)......but I just don't understand a need for them. I'll admit I am no guru at this stuff, but common sense is sometimes the best knowledge you have. I just don't understand why it matters if I use .0003 bitcoin or a Visa?

Top Bottom