• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It is my First. But I don't want a 16" AR. I want a 20in, A4 Configuration minus the Optic and Full Auto goodies. I've handled and shot 16in AR's and they don't work for me, 20in does. As far as weight and manuverability, if the Marines are over in Afghanistan clearing Houses with it, that extra 4in of barrel Does'nt matter.

Thanks though for the price points.
    Nothing wrong with 16 or 20", but just to point out, we (Marines) sort of get the :poop: end of the stick in terms of up to date gear (at least for standard infantry units)....the 16" m4's are typically given to team leaders or vehicle drivers for enhanced maneuverability.....basically a matter of $$$$...not spending as much on the smaller "department"......most grunts I know would prefer the m4, but infantry units don't simply get a choice unlike spec-ops, SF, SOCOM units, etc

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Nothing wrong with 16 or 20", but just to point out, we (Marines) sort of get the :poop: end of the stick in terms of up to date gear (at least for standard infantry units)....the 16" m4's are typically given to team leaders or vehicle drivers for enhanced maneuverability.....basically a matter of $$$$...not spending as much on the smaller "department"......most grunts I know would prefer the m4, but infantry units don't simply get a choice unlike spec-ops, SF, SOCOM units, etc

The M4 has a 14.5" barrel. I know, that is splitting hairs ;). Most everyone in the Army has the M4 now.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    And what's the point of it being so close to the magwell? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like you'd be just as well off using a magwell grip and saving your money.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.:rockwoot:

The point is it's MY rifle and that's where I chose to put it. That's what works for ME, and MY intended purposes.
    When I run a VG on my carbine it's in the same position. It works for ME.
    Magwell grip? Seriously? Why would I want to cover up a spot I can already "grip" naturally for free? Not to mention it limits the magazine configurations that are available. You can't use a Beta-C mags or magazines that are coupled together. No sorry, not for ME.
    But here.... Just for giggles maybe one of these will work for you.

IMG_3008.jpg

Thanks for playing.... ;) It's an A-4 clone in progress.
    01afghan_n080504.jpg

I'm not alone.. It works for this guy too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom