• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    So I've researched the company and I like what I see and hear. They seem to retail through their site and through gunbroker for around $325+. I've seen a few here and there in classified sections through other forums and websites, with bushmaster, colt, doublestar, etc uppers, and they seem to be going for low prices. I'm pretty interested in the lower. Anyone here have one or have any experience with the brand?

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I haven't had any experience with them personally. But most of the lowers are built to mil spec. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of companies lowers are made in the same factory. I have had experience with spikes, Yankee hill, LMT, bushmaster, and sog. My favorites for the price are spikes, Yankee hill.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I haven't had any experience with them personally. But most of the lowers are built to mil spec. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of companies lowers are made in the same factory. I have had experience with spikes, Yankee hill, LMT, bushmaster, and sog. My favorites for the price are spikes, Yankee hill.

Yeah I've built 11 AR's in the past 4 years, and I always either use YHM, DoubleStar, or Colt. They are all pretty much the exact same quality... finish however, goes to DoubleStar. Just wanted some info in the USM4. Seems like they're still too new to have any real feedback.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are you talking about this lower?

USM4-1.jpg

Manufacturer is "US Autoweapons". One of our distributors has them in stock; we would sell it as pictured for $349.95. Comparable lower halves from other manufacturers run $50 to $100 cheaper. What specifically attracted you to this one? I've never heard of this manufacturer until recently, and have no firsthand knowledge of their product.

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Are you talking about this lower?

UAUSM456SF_1.jpg

Manufacturer is "US Autoweapons". One of our distributors has them in stock; we would sell it as pictured for $349.95. Comparable lower halves from other manufacturers run $50 to $100 cheaper. What specifically attracted you to this one? I've never heard of this manufacturer until recently, and have no firsthand knowledge of their product.

Apparently they have a patented select fire option that changes trigger pull.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Apparently they have a patented select fire option that changes trigger pull.

They are just marketing their regular lower half (shown in my previous post) with the TAC-CON drop in "Mode 3" trigger system, at $949.95. The trigger system can be purchased separately; it is now showing at SHOT Show and has a pricetag around $500.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    They are just marketing their regular lower half (shown in my previous post) with the TAC-CON drop in "Mode 3" trigger system, at $949.95. The trigger system can be purchased separately; it is now showing at SHOT Show and has a pricetag around $500.

Ouch! Thats a pretty penny. Well if it really hits it off in the community I may snag a trigger group from them. I'd like to see how it responds to other calibers other than 5.56/223

Top Bottom