Anyone have a recommendation for a generator storm cover?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    So I picked up an inverter generator on sale recently. I realized that it really needs some type of cover to be used if it's raining, snowing etc. I see all kinds of choices online. Just wondered what you guys might be using. I would prefer not to have to try and rig something in a storm. Lot's of them look like they would blow apart in a breeze. Thanks all.

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    I was looking for something I could easily take down and store. If it were a bigger generator I would look for something more permanent but this one probably won't see a bunch of use.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was looking for something I could easily take down and store. If it were a bigger generator I would look for something more permanent but this one probably won't see a bunch of use.
    You could build one out of plywood and line it with foam board and reflective bubble insulation. I can envision it being made with brackets so it could be unbolted and stored flat.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So I picked up an inverter generator on sale recently. I realized that it really needs some type of cover to be used if it's raining, snowing etc. I see all kinds of choices online. Just wondered what you guys might be using. I would prefer not to have to try and rig something in a storm. Lot's of them look like they would blow apart in a breeze. Thanks all.
    I use this on my Duromax 13,000.

I paid a LOT less than they're asking now. Wait until after hurricane season and prices will go down.

I used to have the Harbor Freight Super Quiet 9500 Inverter gen and it was covered enough to run in the rain with no issues.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    20230717_184240.jpg
    Collapsible bulk container turned upside down. Works perfectly, breaks down into the size of two pallets stack on top of each other.

20230717_184311.jpg

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've got a parts list around here somewhere, built it for my 74yr old mother. I keep mine in the garage and wheel it out when needed, not an option for her though.

The gen has push button start and once the generator kicks on, the 12x12 fan kicks on, it gets warm when it's closed up but not HOT.

Top Bottom