• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Weather is supposed to be great on Saturday.
    Looking forward to it.

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    full auto 45 said:
    I'm heading down Friday night after work. Stay at the Radcliff Inn just south of the range. All day Saturday at the range and then come back home Sunday. Always fun.

I'm heading down this afternoon as soon as my son gets out of school. My buddies all left earlier this morning or will be leaving in the next couple of hours. We're at the Radcliff Inn too, so if you see some other IN plates in the parking lot say, "Hello."

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Back from the Creek. Man, what a disappointment. Not much to see at the gun show other than a flood of the usual UTG junk, old milsurp scrounger parts, and MGs priced way outta my range. Not much in the way of ammo at all, and what WAS there was crazy expensive (Wolf .223 @ $400/1000, Fed AE 9mm ball @ $365/1000). I bought an AR-15 A2 sight aperture from JT Distributing to go in the Tech Sights I got the other day for my 10/22 (they come with an A1 aperture installed), and picked up some catalogs and a free copy of SGN. If it wasn't for the gorgeous weather and the excuse to hang out with my buddies for the day, it would've been pretty much a total waste of time.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    WOW! they came down $34.00 on Federal 9, sorry I missed it.....NOT!

I didn't think it was bad, but I wasn't looking for a lot, had a good time, sub gun course was fun, mud wasn't, all in all a good time, my .02

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    there were a few deals there yeasterday.. most of the good deals on ammo was sold out before the show opened, dealers bought it up and resold it..
    i did buy a new bcg for my ar for 115.00, and the 13.00 ar mags..

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was highly disappointed. I did get a few deals that I had made before the show and picked them up. Ammo was outrageous. I was told all the deals went Friday. Oh well just another reason to try to find better deals. I went to Gander Mountain Last night after the creek. They had no 9MM ammo and their 45 ball ranged from $28.99 to $69.99 for a box of 50 ouch. .40 was available but over priced. I guess if people will pay it then dealers will charge it. Called the wholesaler to get more ammo and they were sold out of all centerfire pistol ammo.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I had a great time, but I didn't go looking for anything other than to watch the night shoot.
    KnobCreek030.jpg

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I went with some friends Saturday afternoon and stayed for the night shoot. I didn't go to buy anything but enjoyed the show. Rock River was there and still had lots of uppers and lower parts kits. I talked to some people that were there when the show opened Friday and there were lots of complete uppers for $415 and up, they saw people carring them out by the arm load. Most of the ammo was bought by other dealers before the show opened up to the public. There was some deals on 50BMG ammo, I bought two cans of nice ball in LC 07 brass for $350 each.

This is not a regular gun show, it's a MACHINE GUN AND MILITARY SHOW. If you went looking for hand guns, long guns or jerky I can see why you were dissapointed.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm glad I got to go to KC back in the glory days when we would haul 6 or 7 thousand rounds on the handtrucks we brought with us, slogging up the hill in mud. Didn't seem like all that much fun back then but I miss it now.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you went looking for hand guns, long guns or jerky I can see why you were dissapointed.

On the contrary; I did see plenty of long guns and handguns - just nothing I was remotely interested in. There were also at least two tables with vendors selling jerky. Two years ago, there were beanie babies. And you're telling me it's not a "regular gun show"? Unfortunately, it's getting to be exactly that, with the gradual encroachment of non-gun-related stuff and same folks showing off the same old, overpriced guns year after year. :xmad:

Top Bottom