• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skippy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm looking at grabbing a Florida permit to increase the number of states I can carry, which based on usacarry will add Ohio, WV, and Nebraska which are states I'm likely to drive through. Has anyone else done secondary carry permits, and if so which ones have you gotten and how painful is the process? Obviously any state you know you will spend a lot of time in would be a good one if they allow non-residents. Illinois permits coming soon...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Utah. Almost as effective, cheaper, and easier to get. Its good for 5 years. I took the class (scheduled for 4 hours to include photos and printing) a week ago, waiting patiently for mine.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I got my Utah permit last year.
    Being an NRA instructor waived the safety course requirement. Imagine that.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Florida - My military DD214 form showing my military service waived any course requirement.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Florida. They seem really efficient. They'll send you an application package and if you follow the instructions, you'll have your laminated, photo ID concealed carry permit, and a packet of Florida State laws that apply, in a couple of weeks! It's good for seven years.

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Wish more were lifetime, and can't seem to justify the $$ for a few extra states I may or may not visit in the said 5-7 years of active license. On the fence about Utah / Arizona or even Florida ones...

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I keep saying I will get the utah, really I see the hugest advantage as being able to carry in ohio but never think of it till I go there once every 6 months. I dont know why they dont just include us.. Those JERKS!

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    I got my first FL non resident permit many years ago when I was on a several month work assignments there. I took a FL single session class and have renewed it ever since. I obtained my Utah a few months ago by taking a single session class in Fortville. Yes each permit you obtain and maintain costs time and money, but if you travel much they will give you the opportunity to stay legal while armed.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I would like to get Utah as well just because of Ohio. I work there often and it would be nice to carry. Wish I could get Illinois and Ohio, those two really screw us all.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Plan on getting a Utah permit so I can continue to go to NHL games in Columbus. Tickets are 1/3 the price than they are at the United Center and being able to carry in the state is a big plus.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have a Utah and Florida, I think one gives Minnesota and the other adds Washington or something like that. Utah you have to take the class I believe, Florida you can show evidence of being active/retired military, I think hunting classes qualify, also providing proof you compete in shooting competitions suffices. I think for Florida I sent proof of my Utah class and score sheets from the USPSA matches I had recently shot...might have been overkill but it worked!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I have a Utah and Florida, I think one gives Minnesota and the other adds Washington or something like that. Utah you have to take the class I believe, Florida you can show evidence of being active/retired military, I think hunting classes qualify, also providing proof you compete in shooting competitions suffices. I think for Florida I sent proof of my Utah class and score sheets from the USPSA matches I had recently shot...might have been overkill but it worked!
    That's cool! I didn't know you could do that.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I have the Utah non-resident permit. It required a 4 hr class. The renewal fee is much less expensive than FL. I took the class through a LGS from a traveling instructor based in Auburn. The addition of a FL or UT permit gives access to nearly the same extra states.

Top Bottom