• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I like using white as a base, then some blaze orange, then the glittery clear stuff. It takes a minute, but I do my guns when I painting my toenails, so it's like multitasking really! ;)

Seriously though the glittery polish is the shiznit. Really pops, even in low light and with a 5 year old daughter, I doubt I'll ever run out.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Wite-Out_Quick_Dry.jpg

This is what I have used in the past.
    It's always available.

BTW There is no 'h' in Wite-Out :bash:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I understand why you would paint the sights, but I have a couple of guns that I want to take the paint off. Anybody have any experience removing paint or nail polish without effecting the blueing?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just put neon orange fingernail polish on my front sights--HUGE difference in sight acquisition. Haven't had a chance yet to see how it holds up while shooting, but I'm looking forward to doing so. Worst case is the sight gets a new coat after cleaning.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    I use some glow in the dark nail polih I hAve some orange and green paints and iv painted all my guns sights except for my rare ones and I love iv saved myself hundreds of dollars with this method I just used fine brushes and taped off the rest of the sights mine look like factory done night sights

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    On guns that I don't want to have a red ramp front sight put on, I clean the front sight with acetone. Then use Testers gloss white enamel model paint and then paint it over with Testers flourescent red enamel paint. After each coat, I let the gun dry overnight and when I'm happy with the coverage of the red, I use Walgreen's dollar basket clear fingernail finish.

It makes a big difference in the front sight visibility and I've had the paint on there for 3 years and haven't had to re-do it yet.

I also use tape on the sides of the sight to keep the paint from running and wipe off any that permiated the tape with acetone before the next coat.

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    I understand why you would paint the sights, but I have a couple of guns that I want to take the paint off. Anybody have any experience removing paint or nail polish without effecting the blueing?

Acetone has worked for me.

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    I tried the whole sight once and the refletion interfered with the sight alignment on bright days. I have switched to using a small white dot on the front sight.

Top Bottom