• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I never got into scouts for some reason. I wish now that my father would have pushed me harder to join. I vaguely remember a jamboree, where a bunch of kids all seemed to know what they were doing, but I had no clue as to what it was all about.

Now, I get to live it vicariously through my son, who is about to graduate from cub scouts next month. He & most in his den have managed to accomplish all 20 Webelos achievements, and last November managed 1st in Webelos dens at the Crawfordsville camp out (Their first camp out with the boy scouts). I am very proud of all the boys in our den, and I am excited to see them continue to be leaders in the boy scouts.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    It's great to see there are plenty of us scouts out there, I remember the Oath, Moto, and Law. I find myself rolling through them in my head a random times still!

To those of you who reached Eagle congrats, however to those who missed the "requirements" by a hair. You are still what the BSA calls Eagles in my mind, ONCE an Eagle always an Eagle. It simply becomes a part of you.

Yes there are troops out there that do not help at all, but I count myself blessed to have found the best troop after leaving my first.

These would be great rifles to own, but as the rest of you "I would shoot them." There is no gun in this house for pure looks, they all serve a purpose.

Anymore scout? what was your rank, if you didn't make Eagle? Carry on Brothers!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Eagle Scout here. 1988. Philmont in 1986. Currently a Scoutmaster.

Glad it's getting cold this week; camping Friday night!

Ironically the Henry Scout commemoratives can't be used at scouting events - tubular magazines are banned.

Would love to have the Eagle Scout rifle, but I'm not much of a collector.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Eagle 1970; never got to Philmont or Jamboree.

My son just got his Eagle last year. He went to the 2010 Jamboree.

mothgils

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It's pretty cool to see the amount of scouters and Eagles here. I know I posted earlier but I got Eagle in '02 and my brother became an Eagle in '04. We were lucky to have a father who was and still is very involved in Scouting. He regretfully never made Eagle Scout due to the two fumes as he called them , (gasoline and perfume).

As I said, my father is still very involved in Scouting both with our old Troop, 499, as well as he is the Shooting Sports Committee Chair for the local council here in Indy.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I never was a Scout, my parents did not believe in letting me do things that inconvenienced them. As an adult I became an assistant Scout Master then Scoutmaster for 8 years. I had a blast. I had to stop when I opened my repair shop. No time to do it right. But Shop is closed and My oldest boy turns 11 next month. So sounds like time to get back in it.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I am an Eagle Scout; 1992.
    National Jamboree 1993
    Went to the high adventure base in Maine instead of Philmont in 1994.

I joined OA but never really did much with them. Was a fun weekend though.

The Eagle Scout rifle is nice, but too much $$ for my blood.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I am an Eagle Scout; 1992.
    National Jamboree 1993
    Went to the high adventure base in Maine instead of Philmont in 1994.

I joined OA but never really did much with them. Was a fun weekend though.

The Eagle Scout rifle is nice, but too much $$ for my blood.

Same here except:

Eagle Scout in 2007

National Jamboree in 2005

Same experience with OA.

When I got my Eagle, my dad gave me a NIB, never fired '63 Winchester 94 in .30-30.

I love it, and will never sell it, which was good because I can actually shoot it every once in a while.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I one of 5 Eagles (dad & 3 brothers), and we were even in Boy's Life at one point. Never got to Philmont as a camper, but visited the base camp in 1970 while on a family vacation. -- Grizhicks

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was a Life Scout. My Scoutmaster was too busy helping his son get his Eagle that he never even acknowledged me being so close to mine. I only had my service project left. I know it's my fault for not pushing it, but I was busy with school also.

Never made it to Philmont, always went to Ransburg. I never made Firecrafter, but I did make Woodsman. I would like to get my Firecrafter, if possible, but not too sure it can be done. I also am an Ordeal member of the Order of the Arrow. Wish I could go back and get it all done.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I am an Eagle Scout, OA member (never did much) and Firecrafter. Always appreciated my Firecrafter rank more then the OA membership, so I was much more involved with Firecrafter.

Firecrafter 2000
    OA 2003?
    Eagle 2005 (almost missed Eagle, got caught up with teenager stuff, cars and girls mostly, got motivated again by my Scoutmaster who told me how dumb I was if I didn't turn it around. I knew I'd regret it if I missed it so I kicked it in high gear and finished everything up right before my 18th birthday and actually had my Eagle Board of Review after my birthday. SO glad I did that now! Really appreciate, to this day, my Scoutmaster.)

I would really like to have that rifle, and I would shoot the hell out of it. Forget about the value, it's worth only what someone will pay, and if it's not for sale, value doesn't matter. A rifle like that, after initial purchase, is not for sale, only for enjoyment.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom