• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    So I stop at Walmart about anytime I drive by and have a few minutes and check the ammo situation out. My main walmart has not had 550 .22 bulk packs in ages until Monday. There was one in the case so I bought it. (the price was up $2 to $15.47 :xmad:) The next day I was driving by to pick up a tux and I thought I'd stop in to see if something else had popped up. Sure enough there was another single bulk pack sitting there. I am wondering if they are slowly putting out a box here and there like they used to do with Wii's? Has anyone else noticed this?

Bulk packs are an essential part of a converted .22 ARs diet and I hope they start becoming more plentiful and wouldn't mind if the price went back down to $13.47.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Yeah i've caught the walmart in merrillville not putting boxes out and leaving them under the counter. When i asked the sporting goods rep said it was too heavy. :rolleyes:

So now I know to look under the counter too :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Have you tried other places then Walmart? Not to be a jerk, but there are other places. Walmart can not supply everyone. Infact I have seen ammo on the net for cheaper then Walmart.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    China-mart (Walmart) and Rural king near me do the same thing. They also lie about either not knowing when the next shipment is coming in to the store or not knowing what is on the truck. I have talked to a couple managers in each store that walked up to their computer, hit a few keys and could answer both questions while another manager says that it isn't possible to do that.

I don't buy my ammo in bulk because I don't need much so I am not trying to clear their shelving, nor am I in either store every day looking for ammo.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Have you tried other places then Walmart? Not to be a jerk, but there are other places. Walmart can not supply everyone. Infact I have seen ammo on the net for cheaper then Walmart.

True. Walmart is my go to place for .22 bulk packs and .45 plinking ammo though. I know of no cheaper place for either after shipping is involved. I have bought a ton of ammo from aimsurplus and some from ammunitiontogo as well online. I also buy match \ good ammo from granger guns (my local dealer) and some from Cabela's when I go by. I research my purchases and generally find the best deals I can whether their local shops, big box stores, or on the interwebz.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    RNM,

Rural King has a bad habit of spreading their ammo along the shelves to fill in the gaps, making it look like they have several variations of ammunition when in reality it is all 12 gauge #7 shot in about 12 different spots.

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    I was wondering about how they get ammo in, too. I stopped by after work the other day around 5:45 and they had 1 box of .38 spec so I asked the guy to get it out for me. He laughed and said he just put it out 15 minutes ago. So I'm thinking to myself, you got one box in the order today and you put it out at 5:30? What time does their order come in? I should have walked back after I did my other shopping to see if any more came out.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have heard several posters complaining about this from Wal-Mart. One guy said he bought some ammo and walked around the store and came back and there was another box of his caliber ammo in the case. I guess they are trying to prevent hoarding.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    I too check very frequently at Wallys. I actually caught the clerk opening a recent shipment of Ammo. They only received a small box about 20x12x4. No 40S&W, 32Auto or 22LR. She told me it just trickles in unannounced and they never know what they are getting. I have noticed the brands they are receiving change. For a while it was Winchester but more recently Federal.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I agree with Lucion. I've talked to a few Wal-Mart workers and they say it'll trickle in here and there and they don't know what's coming. I haven't found anywhere online even close to them for bulk .22 plinkers. I actually got a box of .380 the other day for $16.88. it was the first box they had seen in a few months.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm personally glad wal-mart is doing, tired of gun shops buying it and marking it up $10

I was at at gunshop recently and they heard me talking about spotting .357 sig in a store on sale for $8 for a box of 50. Dude came out in the parking lot and asked me where I saw that at...

I'll buy their guns, but wont pay for their marked up ammo.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have noticed wal mart putting there shot shells in the locked cabinets to make it look like they have ammo when they don't.

+1 The Fishers/96th street location has started with this tactic as well, really annoys me.

I've also "caught" the sporting goods clerks doing the "bit-by-bit" restock to give the false impression of lower than actual stock on more popular calibers. It's really frustrating. I only really ever go to Walmart for ammo anymore, and they've been so hit and miss that I've been ordering online anymore. Better customer service, and typically quicker than waiting on the guy to come and unlock the ammo cabinet.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm personally glad wal-mart is doing, tired of gun shops buying it and marking it up $10

I was at at gunshop recently and they heard me talking about spotting .357 sig in a store on sale for $8 for a box of 50. Dude came out in the parking lot and asked me where I saw that at...

I'll buy their guns, but wont pay for their marked up ammo.

If I ever saw .357sig for $8 a box/50, I'd buy everything they had and have them order everything they could at that price. Even Walmart was typically $26ish a box/50 on WWB for .357sig. I love the caliber, but I hate trying to find it, and then the prices it commands are crazy.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Happens alot at my Walmart. However I KNOW it happens, it isn't just suspected.

I'll see in the display case one box of 9mm or 40. I'll ask for 2-6 boxes depending on what I wanted to spend, they'll check the cabinet under the display case, come back up and pull the display box out and say that's the only one.

However the checkout register is opposite the glass doored case where they store the ammo. EVERY time this has happened I've looked and seen STACKs of boxes of what I was just told was out of stock. I then point that out and get however many I wanted to buy.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I have heard several posters complaining about this from Wal-Mart. One guy said he bought some ammo and walked around the store and came back and there was another box of his caliber ammo in the case. I guess they are trying to prevent hoarding.

That's been my experience also. Usually the shelves have only a box or two of various calibers. When you buy them and leave, the clerk restocks it with one or two again. I guess it's because they don't want fistfights over ammo rationing.:dunno:

Top Bottom