• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Blackhawks are dominating this season. And in one hour I'll be watching them dominate St. Louis. They were doing great before Hossa, and only got better once he got here.

Blackhawks are getting there. We did notice how well they played in the playoff games against Detroit last year. I mean they lost I think all but one but you could tell the Hawk's level of play was getting there.
    This could be their time, unless their time is next season and the Wings make a an April run..:evilangel:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I've been a Blackhawks fan since I was a little kid growing up in Rensselaer and watching games on the old channel 44 out of Chicago. I'm watching them play the Blues right now (Hawks lead 4-2 at the end of the 2nd). I think this is the year they make the Stanley Cup Finals!

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008

DEFINITE future hall of famer there! Brodeur just broke Sawchuk's career shut-out games record last week :). ( I have been known to root for the Devils in the playoffs-- they are the only decent thing to come out of Jersey! ;) )

=======================================

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    DEFINITE future hall of famer there! Brodeur just broke Sawchuk's career shut-out games record last week :). ( I have been known to root for the Devils in the playoffs-- they are the only decent thing to come out of Jersey! ;) )

=======================================

Also Jon Bon Jovi :rockwoot:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yes the Komets need to go to a new league, the fans deserve it. And the Winter Classic was great. Hope its in New York next year!!!

Amen to that. The IHL is not quality hockey. Especially for the oldest hockey franchise in North America.

I used to go to Komets games...well, pretty much every weekend in the 90's. The IHL was expanding and you saw some great hockey. The rivalry between the Komets and Ice was going strong. Steve Fletcher and Kevin Kaminski kept the Jungle rocking. Now, the Jungle still rocks, but the quality of hockey has greatly declined.

Two words - Bob Chase. I listened to that guy every away game and weekday games thoughout my youth. Good memories.

Oh, and Go Wings!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    HOCKEY>all other sports.

GO RED WINGS!!!!
    +1 & +1

My family is big on the Komets ,always a good time at the coliseum
    Mine too. We even got a few shots at our most recent (professional) family photos taken with all of us in our Komets jerseys!

I go to the local games from time to time! Ryan will agree the league sucks though. Did anyone watch the game today?

Yes the Komets need to go to a new league, the fans deserve it. And the Winter Classic was great. Hope its in New York next year!!!

Amen to that. The IHL is not quality hockey. Especially for the oldest hockey franchise in North America.

I used to go to Komets games...well, pretty much every weekend in the 90's. The IHL was expanding and you saw some great hockey. The rivalry between the Komets and Ice was going strong. Steve Fletcher and Kevin Kaminski kept the Jungle rocking. Now, the Jungle still rocks, but the quality of hockey has greatly declined.

Two words - Bob Chase. I listened to that guy every away game and weekday games thoughout my youth. Good memories.

Oh, and Go Wings!

You guys don't like the I? I'm glad we're in the IHL. I'm ticked enough that we don't have Syroczynski around thanks to being called up to the AHL. If the K's move up, we'd have a lot more callups and then have to call up players to fill in all the time. I don't like that prospect for a couple reasons.
    1) You don't get to know the players as well. I like that many Komets have a connection to the community here; they often get to know Fort Wayne and get involved.
    2) You can't know when they'll get called up, so it'll be at the worst time (thanks to Mr. Murphy), and that could cost us a game or several. Especially since the players to be called up will be our best ones, and the ones who'll get called up won't be as good (otherwise they'd already be IN our league).

Also, if we move up, prices are gonna go up, too. I love that I can go to a game for six bucks now. If we moved up to a higher league, we'd have higher costs coming from several directions, and those costs get passed right along to me. :spend:

I am really happy that they are trying to build up the reincarnated IHL into a respectable league. I'd rather keep the costs down, the players connected to the community, and be able to build a solid, stable team while enjoying a good level of play. Granted, my memories of the 90s teams are foggy (being only 22 now) so perhaps I just can't really compare to the quality of play from back then, but I'm generally happy with the level of play we see, especially considering what we pay to see it.

Caleb

Top Bottom