Any good deals in or near indy on a shield 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just bought mine from kygunco.com for $345 shipped to my local FFL.

I'm getting ready to do the same and ship to my local guy in Elkhart and do the $10 transfer fee. That puts the gun at $355 total because Kygunco ships for free. That is cheaper than the used Shields are running in the classifieds.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I'm getting ready to do the same and ship to my local guy in Elkhart and do the $10 transfer fee. That puts the gun at $355 total because Kygunco ships for free. That is cheaper than the used Shields are running in the classifieds.

Exactly. My local FFL couldn't believe how cheap these are selling for there. I love my new gun :)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Exactly. My local FFL couldn't believe how cheap these are selling for there. I love my new gun :)

He understands very well how its being done. He just doesn't want you to know. I'm sure that Kygunco got a killer deal on the group of guns that they received from the Distributor, but the LGS don't want to give up high profits. I will always try to buy local. I will even pay more but $82.63 savings for a gun is 23% less than my LSG.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I'm the same way...I actually asked them if they could come down at all...I didn't mind paying a little more but that was a big chunk of change...even after the FFL transfer fee I was still almost $60 ahead. I bought a IWB holster from them so I didn't feel so bad.

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    I'm the same way...I actually asked them if they could come down at all...I didn't mind paying a little more but that was a big chunk of change...even after the FFL transfer fee I was still almost $60 ahead. I bought a IWB holster from them so I didn't feel so bad.

It sometimes surprises me the differences in pricing of different places. Do firearm distributors/manufactures offer lucrative volume discounts that places like KY Gun Co can take advantage of and therefore sell for so much less? Or do they sell for less profit per gun and just make it up on volume of guns sold? Or is it a combination of the two?

96ramair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Delphi
    The more you spend the better discount you get.. I have my ffl and if I order a shield from Davidsons I would have just over 350.00 in it by time I got it shipped.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A lot of it is not the fact that they "dont want to give up high profits". A lot of it is they want some profits and online companies sell for a few bucks more than they pay.

Different business models require different business plans. I own a business and I know what my customer base is and I target those customers. Different markets have different pricing for the same products and services. I prefer to buy local and have been able to do so for every firearm I own. This will be my first online purchase and for a 23% savings I have no remorse.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    This will be my first online purchase and for a 23% savings I have no remorse.

I think my post came across wrong. I was not even remotely implying you should feel bad, I was simply stating that the small gun shop's hands are tied more times than not. Its not that they want to hold on to huge mark up's, its that they want to hold on to SOME mark up in order to keep the doors open.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think my post came across wrong. I was not even remotely implying you should feel bad, I was simply stating that the small gun shop's hands are tied more times than not. Its not that they want to hold on to huge mark up's, its that they want to hold on to SOME mark up in order to keep the doors open.

No offense was taken Alan. My wife was talking to me while I was trying to post my reply. 1/2 of my brain was trying act like I was paying attention to her the other 1/2 was replying and the other 1/2 was thinking about heading to the basement to reload. Well as you can tell I came up way short on brain cells. I'm wanting to retract the word remorse because it does bother me if I am not dealing local but 23% does outweigh the guilt.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Thats my next "special" purchase lol

I didnt realize that "special" place sold them until after I already bought (and sold) one for $400

Meh, not hating on peoples choice by any means, but for me it just wasnt worth the hype.

Top Bottom