Any first impressions of Uncle Rudy's indoor range in Evansville ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've been meaning to get over there myself for an INGO report. I know the range itself is the same model/equipment as Right to Bear Arms has but it will be interesting to see how the service is for this non-gun shop.

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    Hello

I had the chance to get in some range time a few weeks ago. First impressions clean, well lighted, ventilated range. The paperwork was a bit to read and you have to read it closely and initial. I think since our visit they have tried a new beta system with what looks like Ipads. They have a short safety video to watch. They require you to watch the video every time you shoot. I suggested to them a card system like they use at Applied Ballistics in Lafayette Indiana. Once you have watched the video once you get a card to show every time after that and just only fill out paperwork. They said they were going to do this for members. The range price was $15.00 a lane for ALL DAY! Of course you will run out of ammo sooner or later. I give it a two thumbs up! My family and friends will enjoy shooting there.

Glen

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Hey, Racersden, what are the limitations at the range? Handguns only or can some rifles be used. What is the range size? Sounds like I need to look into it for winter practice .

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It is now possible to read, initial and electronically sign their Terms of Agreement / Waiver forms on their website now.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have not been and probably won't go very often if at all. The main reason is they don't allow reloads.

I normally shoot at a private range so I can do what I want, but is it the norm for indoor ranges to not allow reloads? I hate paying $22-$25 for a box of 45 acp when I can load them for $10-$12.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    No reloads, no drawing and firing from a holster, and all brass swept forward.

Thanks, but no thanks!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    No reloads is a no brainer, it's called business liability insurance. It denies unknown quantities being introduced that have the potential of risk.

I will say that if I can't use a brass catcher on my AR-15 that I will have a fist full of Uncle Rudy's range passes available for sale cheap.

paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    Hey, I've been looking for Uncle Rudys for months. I can't find it. Where exactly is it? Across from Tri State? By the church?

Top Bottom