• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Would anyone be interred in creating an app that lists anti gun corporations and associations? Something similar to the "posted no carry" app, but aimed at listing a larger variety of businesses. I don't know about anyone else but I would like to be able to run a quick search on my phone to find out of a company I am about to do business with respects out second amendment rights or not, and If not I would b able to take my business elsewhere without wasting a lot of time. Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas on the matter?

FYI this idea is based of of the thread "the big list of who hates guns" after I read the article in the link

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I wouldn't mind seeing something like this too. I would tend to vet a corporation by funding the support they give anti-gun organizations. It would also be cool if when you went shopping you could pull the app up, find the corporation, and then send an email that you excluded their company from consideration because of their support for gun control.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    How is it to be vetted and kept updated? What's the criteria to be on the list?

Well that's why I was hoping for suggestions. Personally I was thinking something similar to companies and corporations that support anti gun legislation, and also like companies listed in the Bank of America thread. It would seem that we were largely unaware of theyre practices before they were announced in the thread, causing some of us the hassle of having to find a 2nd amendment friendly bank and the greater hassle of changing accounts and such when we could have had this information before doing business with them. Of course stores and others could be listed as well to avoid other issues such as when searching for a 2a friendly employer. Why should we waste our time switching businesses when we could spend that time with our families on the firing range.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Would anyone be interred in creating an app that lists anti gun corporations and associations? Something similar to the "posted no carry" app, but aimed at listing a larger variety of businesses. I don't know about anyone else but I would like to be able to run a quick search on my phone to find out of a company I am about to do business with respects out second amendment rights or not, and If not I would b able to take my business elsewhere without wasting a lot of time. Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas on the matter?

FYI this idea is based of of the thread "the big list of who hates guns" after I read the article in the link

Posted no carry app?!? Where can I find that??

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I can write the app easy for Android, search function with voice detection, gps, maps, etc.

I just need a live database of anti gun businesses to pull from using a 'web service'. A static list would be not as good, because the app would have to be updated every time a new business is added, although I guess that is possible, since it doesn't require real time data. Anyways, we'd ideally need more than just the business name to make the app fun and interactive, we at least need their addresses too.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I can write the app easy for Android, search function with voice detection, gps, maps, etc.

I just need a live database of anti gun businesses to pull from using a 'web service'. A static list would be not as good, because the app would have to be updated every time a new business is added, although I guess that is possible, since it doesn't require real time data. Anyways, we'd ideally need more than just the business name to make the app fun and interactive, we at least need their addresses too.

Would it be possible for users to update businesses as they discover them? It have a way to submit the info required. For a static list you should check out the "big list of who hates guns" thread. There is a link in it that leads to a list an article that has a full list I associations/businesses/corporations and celebs who have supported anti-gun legislation with either monetary support or lender they're name for the cause.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Posted no carry app?!? Where can I find that??

It's in the app center/store. I believe it is called "criminal protection zone" and if I'm not mistake. It was created by an INGO member as well. A simple search in the iPhone App Store using the key words "anti gun" lead me straight to it. There is also a carry reciprocity app that has very detailed info on carry for all states and is updated regularly, it is also an excellent tool to have.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It's in the app center/store. I believe it is called "criminal protection zone" and if I'm not mistake. It was created by an INGO member as well. A simple search in the iPhone App Store using the key words "anti gun" lead me straight to it. There is also a carry reciprocity app that has very detailed info on carry for all states and is updated regularly, it is also an excellent tool to have.

If it is an INGO member, then they should help me convert it to Android...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Right...The name is "Posted! - Carry List Anti-Gun Locations" by Workman Consulting.

Top Bottom