• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Thought I would share my most recent experience with selling a gun to someone in Cali. I had listed an antique gun on gun broker and the buyer happened to be in California. I decided to start looking up laws regarding shipping the gun since it's made before 1898 and I found out I could mail it to him directly (well so I thought). Anywhere else in the county I could mail it to him directly but of course California with their crazy laws made me mail it to an ffl. Ok not a big deal and I explained to the buyer he would just have to stop by his local ffl and pick up the gun but I said I would find out the fees and get back to him. I called his ffl and inquired about the transfer fees so I could let the buyer know what to expect. This is where it gets good. The gun shop employee told me there is a $75 transfer fee and than I must send an invoice with the gun so they can also charge him tax on the purchase!!! All I can say is thank god I live in Indy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Probably good advice above. Folks in CA are so used to being hosed, I wouldn't be surprised if some shops are just skipping the Vaseline now. Where in CA is it? There's a lot of gun enthusiasts but you have to drive a pretty good distance between shops in some places...they probably figure a lot of people won't do it.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    As of 1/1/14 CA has registry for all long guns. Shops charge for transfer because they want you to buy from them, not through them. There is no law for internet transfer fees, only FTF transfers in state. Really glad I'm no longer there.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't consider CA part of the USA myself, I know there is still good people that live in that state but for the time being I avoid spending any kind of money of any business base out of Cali.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom