• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Like Kutnupe said, he got frustrated and that's what it looked like to me. He definitely needs a time out maybe permanently maybe not, we don't know if this is business as usual for this guy.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    It looked to me like she kept shoving back trying to resist being pushed into the car, the officer got frustrated and just suddenly let go and she went flying into the pavement.

I agree completely, it is not the officers fault that gravity was so strong in the area her head landed. Those gravity vortex wells spout up in the damnedest places. I mean clearly that's what caused her head to make that disgusting melon cracking sound when it hit?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    This is one of those 'No Win' situations.
    Mothers with children will act irrationally if they think their child is going to be separated from them.
    It's just a fact.
    I think they were trying to get her in the cruiser to give her time to calm down.
    To her though she was being separate from her baby.
    Then it was 'on'.

The video doesn't really show what she did to get detained in the first place.
    That makes a big difference to me as to whether these guys are actually JBT's or not.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For all that say, "stupid games: stupid prizes"... Would you behave differently if you were being arrested (may or may not be for a valid reason), and knew your baby/toddler was going to be separated from you? I have a feeling I would probably not feel like being "cuffed and stuffed" either if my son was going to God knows where with God knows who...

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    For all that say, "stupid games: stupid prizes"... Would you behave differently if you were being arrested (may or may not be for a valid reason), and knew your baby/toddler was going to be separated from you?
    Yes, I would.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    For all that say, "stupid games: stupid prizes"... Would you behave differently if you were being arrested (may or may not be for a valid reason), and knew your baby/toddler was going to be separated from you? I have a feeling I would probably not feel like being "cuffed and stuffed" either if my son was going to God knows where with God knows who...

So are you saying that since she committed an illegal act while with her child that she should be given a free pass and not arrested since that would have separated her from her child?

If you disagree with the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" mentality, please describe what you would have done in this situation.

**BTW, we do not know how the police approached her since that is not shown in the video. Did they grab her and throw her to the ground, or did they approach her calmly and explain that they would be arresting her and that CPS would be taking temporary custody of her child? There is a lot of assuming going on here, and we just don't know the whole story. I still say that we don't have enough information to call them JBT's.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The video doesn't really show what she did to get detained in the first place.
    That makes a big difference to me as to whether these guys are actually JBT's or not.
    I just love quoting myself.
    It just seems so ... right somehow.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I must have not watched the same video as some of you, because I don't see an officer getting frustrated or out of control. I see a women cursing and resisting arrest, pushing the officer back and doing something to make him yellout and let go of her. My assumption is a bite, just my own opinion on the bite, but that's what it looks like to me. I then see officers attending to her. I don't see any misconduct or JTB going on. Give these guys a break, they do a tough job.
    Just my two cents, using my 1st ammendment rights.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I must have not watched the same video as some of you, because I don't see an officer getting frustrated or out of control. I see a women cursing and resisting arrest, pushing the officer back and doing something to make him yellout and let go of her. My assumption is a bite, just my own opinion on the bite, but that's what it looks like to me. I then see officers attending to her. I don't see any misconduct or JTB going on. Give these guys a break, they do a tough job.
    Just my two cents, using my 1st ammendment rights.
    a handcuffed woman is such a threat she needs knocked out? i see you and 40 cal trucker are graduates of badge kisser state college. hopefully next time it will be your wives or daughters on the recieving end of that. a handcuffed prisoner should never be treated like that.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    a handcuffed woman is such a threat she needs knocked out? i see you and 40 cal trucker are graduates of badge kisser state college. hopefully next time it will be your wives or daughters on the recieving end of that. a handcuffed prisoner should never be treated like that.

When is the "victim" every going to be held accountable for her actions?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It looked to me like she kept shoving back trying to resist being pushed into the car, the officer got frustrated and just suddenly let go and she went flying into the pavement.

I dunno, it sure looked to me like he dumped her and hard. Uncuffed, I'm fine with it; cuffed I don't see how that looks justified.

SOP everywhere I know of with someone like that is to call the paddy wagon (jail van) and hold them outside where they can be easily controlled rather than try to stuff them in a backseat where all you are gonna get is your rear windows kicked out.

IMO, trying to stuff her was stupid to begin with. Then, as Kutnupe said, getting frustrated and dumping her is just a great example of "I'll show me!"

Best,

Joe

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    From what I saw in that video, he could have tossed her to the ground, but on the other side, he could have lost his grip/let go as she was kicking off of the cruiser. I dont know what fairy school some of you people learned hand to hand tactics from, but when I hip toss someone (especially that much smaller than myself) they dont usually land right at my feet. If he were putting her down hard, it could have been much worse. Looks to me like she earned that stupid prize for playing stupid games. Its never a good idea to resist when outnumbered 2 to 1, especially when the police already have you in cuffs.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    :laugh:

Nope I did a little follow up on the video before posting. The officers did file their report as it shows in the video and this woman bit the paramedics that came to help her.

Would you like to become a little more educated about this story?? It's not hard google is your friend. Video of Baby Carriage-Pushing Woman's Rough Arrest Triggers S.F. Police Probe - San Francisco News - The Snitch

Excuse me I have some badges to kiss up to and if my wife acted like that in public I would divorce her in a heart beat.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I completely agree with this, but I still have to wonder what possible good was going to come of acting like this, especially while handcuffed.

Nothing. But I hardly think that's grounds for deserving something bad either. Does it have to be one or the other? Is there not a middle ground?

Do I get to hit my kid a few times when he throws a temper tantrum and starts banging furniture around or kicking me or his brother? Why does a LEO get to do it then? :dunno:

We'll never come to a consensus on whether or not the throw-down was justified, but it would behoove us to remember that the more we tolerate, the more we can expect to receive. Distinctions will not be made between those who might deserve a flailing elbow and those who don't, because the real-time standard will never be one to consider all the factors at the time. We either accept this and then STFU when it happens even to people who don't deserve it. Or we realize that LEO don't have to use violence as a first response (and shouldn't).

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Says whom? Any physically resisting human being handcuffed or not will be dealt with in a manner that brings them under control. If my wife or daughter was acting like that psycho was acting and got slammed then so be it. And no it matters not one bit that it is a female.

That officer didn't just think "hey I am gonna knock this woman out" If she was knocked out it was a result of being pushed away for whatever reason. No sympathy here, not one bit.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    From what I saw in that video, he could have tossed her to the ground, but on the other side, he could have lost his grip/let go as she was kicking off of the cruiser. I dont know what fairy school some of you people learned hand to hand tactics from, but when I hip toss someone (especially that much smaller than myself) they dont usually land right at my feet. If he were putting her down hard, it could have been much worse. Looks to me like she earned that stupid prize for playing stupid games. Its never a good idea to resist when outnumbered 2 to 1, especially when the police already have you in cuffs.

And I don't know what school you went to that taught you what he did was a "hip toss"???

It wasn't a hip toss, it was a commonly taught LE maneuver to "assist a subject to the ground". You don't throw the person; you get them off their feet and then dump them, usually following them down to maintain control.

This just happened to be of a cuffed female into the asphalt knocking her out. If that doesn't qualify as "hard" in your book, I'm going to have to question whether your internet commando cred hasn't gone to your head.

Joe

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    "hopefully next time it will be your wives or daughters on the recieving end of that".

Damn dude...pretty cold statement.

Hopefully next time this moron gets in trouble, she won't act a fool so her daughter won't have to witness mommy being knocked out. - fixed it for you.

Normally, I like to see jackwagons on TV get knocked around by cops when they resist...not knocked out though. That was a little tough to watch.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It would be nice to have a little more information on what happened before the actual fracas started. My problem in forming a conclusion is that I have seen one police department I would trust completely, at least one that if the police were coming in one door and the criminals were coming in the other, I would be at a loss as to which group to consider the greater threat, and most everything in between, with the overall score putting the good cops under 50%. that said, I have also seen plenty of morons who need a good beating, but this still seems excessive. One should at minimum be alert following the administration of force.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    And I don't know what school you went to that taught you what he did was a "hip toss"???

It wasn't a hip toss, it was a commonly taught LE maneuver to "assist a subject to the ground". You don't throw the person; you get them off their feet and then dump them, usually following them down to maintain control.

This just happened to be of a cuffed female into the asphalt knocking her out. If that doesn't qualify as "hard" in your book, I'm going to have to question whether your internet commando cred hasn't gone to your head.

Joe

What ever you want to call it, as obviously you are the resident expert in the subject matter, just seems from the limited view and resolution of the video, it is a difficult call as to weather it was an intentional slam to the ground, if that being the case, there was no follow through or body weight put into the maneuver, or if it were a bit of that one law about actions and reactions, punctuated with a jackass hitting her head on the ground.

Top Bottom