• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They government has pushed FUD about marijuana for decades. It's nonsense. Smoking it, like smoking anything will probably lead to health issues. The THC effect is similar to alcohol for getting a "buzz", but if you partake of it moderately you don't tend to get any hangover. Occasional / social users are not much different from those having the occasional beer. The problem, just like anything, is when people overindulge. I have family members who don't want to do anything but sit and smoke pot all day. They're fine with the house around them being a mess and just in general don't have any ambition outside of just sitting and being mellow all day. Don't get me wrong, most that I know go to work, but they just don't seem to have a high level of motivation. Then there are some that just stay stoned as much as possible and do the bare minimum. Again, kinda like people and alcohol. Some people know where to draw the line and some don't. I don't have any desire to partake of it, but I don't have anything against those who do.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Should have added, I feel the only reason it was ever against the law is big pharma pushing the government to not allow it. It has some pain relieving properties, plus has been known to help with other issues. Maybe not to the point of being a wonder drug, but enough that big pharma doesn't want to lose money from it. Possibly also the alcohol industry. I would think if pot was legal everywhere some would choose pot over alcohol as a better alternative.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Should have added, I feel the only reason it was ever against the law is big pharma pushing the government to not allow it. It has some pain relieving properties, plus has been known to help with other issues. Maybe not to the point of being a wonder drug, but enough that big pharma doesn't want to lose money from it. Possibly also the alcohol industry. I would think if pot was legal everywhere some would choose pot over alcohol as a better alternative.
    Small detail but pharma wasn't behind it becoming illegal but pharma damned sure has worked to keep it that way. Racism was primarily behind the initial prohibition.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    You believe that based on what?
    Like global warming, there are studies on both sides. People who want to find support for their viewpoints will find them. I choose to believe in facts as I see them.

We can start a long drawn out thread on facts, but neither of us will change.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

1657393610321.png1657393706476.png

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    Liz Wheeler is beginning to grow on me as a conservative broadcaster. I liked her on OAN and I like her now. She starts into discussing mass shooters just after the 16 minute mark.

Warning; This is Liz's whole show and it covers various topics, including numerous promotions.

This honestly seems like something from South Park!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This post seems to have struck a chord, based on the responses i'm guessing there's more than a few members who aren't entirely truthful on the 4473.
    Why? I can only answer for myself but I can be extremely truthful on the 4473 and I am. And never been denied.
    You believe that based on what?
    There are multiple studies that link heavy adolescent use of MJ with psychosis/schizophrenia especially in those with a certain variation of the ATK1 gene. Which drives which is the question, and that question hasn't been answered definitively. And it's possible neither and both are caused by seperate things. I'll say I don't know for sure but do accept the possibility of either. But research has shown that MJ use by itself doesn't cause it. They have also found a link between psychosis and being a victim of child sexual abuse and also one with growing up urban vs rural. That one is interesting they have no idea if growing up urban is a causative factor or if rural is a preventative factor or possibly both.

I'll link a couple of studies if you would like to read them. Yes a couple are on a .gov but they aren't .gov funded or produced. They are basically a library/warehouse for med articles.
    Small detail but pharma wasn't behind it becoming illegal but pharma damned sure has worked to keep it that way. Racism was primarily behind the initial prohibition.
    slight correction. Racism was the vehicle they used, a lot of it was driven by Dupont and Hearst and the govt. Dupont was hemp rope vs their new polymer nylon rope, Hearst had huge tracts of pulp wood that wasn't good for much except paper and was afraid of the competition, and the govt with legalization of alcohol after the 21st Am had bunches of g-men without much to do.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There are multiple studies that link heavy adolescent use of MJ with psychosis/schizophrenia especially in those with a certain variation of the ATK1 gene. Which drives which is the question, and that question hasn't been answered definitively. And it's possible neither and both are caused by seperate things. I'll say I don't know for sure but do accept the possibility of either. But research has shown that MJ use by itself doesn't cause it. They have also found a link between psychosis and being a victim of child sexual abuse and also one with growing up urban vs rural. That one is interesting they have no idea if growing up urban is a causative factor or if rural is a preventative factor or possibly both.
    I don't advocate for nor believe that children under 18 should have access to cannabis unless they have a legitimate medical condition which is improved by it. That said, trying to pin blame on cannabis for these shootings is beyond ridiculous.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't advocate for nor believe that children under 18 should have access to cannabis unless they have a legitimate medical condition which is improved by it. That said, trying to pin blame on cannabis for these shootings is beyond ridiculous.
    Agreed.
    Its also like saying that alcohol makes you violent. No, it brings out the REAL you, unfiltered.

And that makes me wonder. Is this the same deal? It doesnt MAKE you psycho, it just triggers underlying tendencies you already had. :dunno:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Agreed.
    Its also like saying that alcohol makes you violent. No, it brings out the REAL you, unfiltered.

And that makes me wonder. Is this the same deal? It doesnt MAKE you psycho, it just triggers underlying tendencies you already had. :dunno:
    So, we should require people to exhibit their behavior/tendencies through the use of alcohol, before allowing the purchase of a firearm?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can't disagree with any of this. How many people in the 60s-80s used MJ? I doubt the percent of actual psychosis/schizophrenia was much if any lower back then. I can remember one school shooting during that time and IIRC she was just a evil *****. Tried to get multiple psychiatrists to diagnose her with a variety of things, none of them did except perhaps narcissist and/or sociopath.

Agreed.

Honestly it could be either one, or neither. Those papers on it are interesting, they don't know which of the three either. As I posted earlier there is a high correlation of heavy adolescent use and a certain gene and psychosis. But they don't know if one causes the other or not at all. That gene deals with dopamine production and MJ and psychosis both are effected by/effect dopamine production. It could be that the gene is the cause of both and other than that they are unrelated. Or something else altogether.

Top Bottom