• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    How many Ingo'ers, like myself, have not had to worry a lick about the ".22 ammo scarcity problem"?

I saw the writing on the wall before the 2008 election, and prepared accordingly.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I haven't went shooting once in the last two years, mainly because of the increased costs of ammo. I guess it helped me to realize that it was just a hobby for me, and not a lifestyle.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm set well. I did purchase one bulk pack that I happened upon at a Walmart about 6th months ago, but otherwise have been working off of existing stock. I've also been able to donate to two youth events in the last year.

I'll be back in the market sometime... when the price is right.

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    I am still shooting 22 ammo I paid $5.50 a box of 525 rds. I did recently pick up 2600 rds at .05 per rd just to bring my supply back up to previous levels. I have always kept at least 10k rds on hand at all times, so I never run out.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I sold at least 95% of the .22 I had and switched to plinking almost exclusively with various other calibers. Reloading makes the price differential much smaller; small enough that I don't bother buying .22 at the current prices. I will go back to buying and shooting .22 when the savings make it worthwhile.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I sold at least 95% of the .22 I had and switched to plinking almost exclusively with various other calibers. Reloading makes the price differential much smaller; small enough that I don't bother buying .22 at the current prices. I will go back to buying and shooting .22 when the savings make it worthwhile.

I second this motion. No cost savings compared to hand loading center fire. I invested in a progressive press, consolidated calibers, and sold some stuff off. As of now I have no plans on returning to the .22lr. I still have a couple 10-22's that I need to sell off and a few bricks of ammo. Don't miss it at all and am loving shooting bigger guns.

dmave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I've been hard pressed to find .22 on the shelves, unless haunting various local businesses or watching for good prices on-line. That being said, I have been able to build up a little bit of supply. I've gotten into reloading as well which is an ongoing adventure, and brings a whole new dimension to the shooting sport. I thoroughly enjoy shooting the larger calibers. When you consider the number of times you can pull the trigger for $20, it's still hard to beat the .22

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have plenty of 22 ammo problems: Federal Bulk won't load in my 10/22 with the upgraded barrel, so now I have to use my CCI Blazers, the CCI standard is very accurate but lacks the knockdown power for Sheep at 100 yds, the winchester M22 tactical rounds looks just like the CCIs, so I get them mixed up when I take both to the range. Well I can to go on and on about all my 22 ammo problems but I won't.

Top Bottom