• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I arrived around 9:30AM... it was packed! By 10AM they had to open much of the second bay, with many of the lanes having double, even triple, shooters alternating turns.

Put some metal spinners down at the end of the range (@55-60yrds) and got to site in a low cost UTG T139 3x40 scope on my little Marlin 795 22lr (a fun, low cost setup). I could've stayed all day. It was my first time sighting in with a scope, so props to one range master (stupid me for not remembering his name) for some assistance. He helped me realize the MOA for that scope was 1/4 in at 100yards, so that my little adjustments weren't really enough... I had to crank those dials. By the end I was right on a 3" spinner. Just. Plain. Fun.

Also got some practice in with my EDC and home 9mm's.

Another BIG KUDOS to the attention paid by the range masters... a friend on the next barrel was using some reloads be bought from the 1500 in his Sig (and having a fair amount of trouble with them). Pulled the trigger and gets an odd, soft pop (bad round). My friend took his finger off the trigger knowing something was wrong, and before I could barely lower my 22, two range masters who had heard it, were stepping over giving firm, but polite commands not to fire again! They helped him disassemble and sure enough... a bullet was stuck in his barrel. Unfortunately, they were unable to get it out without the right tools.

So thumbs up to Tactical Firearms and crew.

Now if only they'd allow us on another bay for some multi-target steel plate shooting. :) (I'd pay extra for that... )

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I arrived around 12:30. First bay was full...I was the only one in #2. Good instruction, good facilities, good overall environment period. Had a good laugh afterwards with the OR watching me as I broke in my new 9mm. Had a few flinches.

richardh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Iowa
    I might have to check Eagle Creek out when I visit my daughter this summer. I think it sounds like a great place to shoot.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Put some metal spinners down at the end of the range (@55-60yrds) and got to site in a low cost UTG T139 3x40 scope on my little Marlin 795 22lr (a fun, low cost setup). I could've stayed all day. It was my first time sighting in with a scope, so props to one range master (stupid me for not remembering his name) for some assistance. He helped me realize the MOA for that scope was 1/4 in at 100yards, so that my little adjustments weren't really enough... I had to crank those dials. By the end I was right on a 3" spinner. Just. Plain. Fun.

QUOTE]
    I have the same gun and but with a old Tasco 3-9 scope i had laying around. I shoot it probly 3 times a week normally. I put a 2" spinner out at 100 yards and just work on my trigger pull and breathing. Then i will set the rifle completely to the side and come on target quick like hunting squirell or other small game that moves alot. Pretty fun little gun. You might want to check out DIPs trigger as it takes all the pre and post travel out with set screws and they have a great aluminum trigger guard too.

Top Bottom