• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    The more I read and understand the libertarian platform, the more sense it makes. It would be very hard to move to true freedom quickly since most people expect government to take care of them or their aging parents, high fuel prices, bad neighbors, snow on the street, weeds in the park, etc. But for first 100 years of the US, most of this was handled by the people. Not the Governmental nanny state. Some Americans don't even know that education was a private function that worked very well before the Government decided it could do it better.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Most children who come to the attention of the courts haven't been anywhere near a marriage... WTF is she talking about?

Do people actually take her seriously?... :dunno:

Where do you get that information from?

Also sounds like you're implying two idiots who get married aren't still just two idiots...

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Where do you get that information from?

Also sounds like you're implying two idiots who get married aren't still just two idiots...

That information is anecdotal, unfortunately. My point was that state-marriage isn't some sacred institution which cures all ails. Coulter was implying that w/out marriage, there might be no rights or duties to children. My assertion is that state-marriage doesn't fix that in any way, shape, or form. Many children don't even know who their fathers are. State-sponsored marriage doesn't fix anything, regarding children, unless you believe that Leave it to Beaver is still the norm. I don't know how you could believe that with a 41% divorce rate.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    First, I can't believe it has happened again but I am going to completely agree with Rambone...:n00b: I guess I need to start digging a bunker now, or I could help stock Rambone's and provide night security during TEOTWAWKI.

The most recent time I took the Nolan chart test I feel dead center on the libertarian corner. I Used to agree with Coulter then I started doing my own research and reading. Now I look at her like I do Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermen, and so on, entertainment with a little bit of news.

If she starts a conversation and gets people to actually think for themselves it's good. But if she turns them into mindless trolls it's bad.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If she starts a conversation and gets people to actually think for themselves it's good. But if she turns them into mindless trolls it's bad.

My only exposure to her is this post...but I'd imagine in-person she's similar to:

eSpPQ.jpg

Hint: the one on the left.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Ann Coulter is just a face that is making money for herself. Spouting BS and somehow it sells. One of those types who claims to have all the answers, never says what those answers are and won't go into a government position to enact those answers. Fraud is the word that springs to mind.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Just curious, Rambone... if this is how you see the world (politically or otherwise), what option would you prefer?

Clearly the right lane is preferable. :):

The fights we must win are not battles for Left & Right, they are battles for North & South as seen on the Nolan Chart.

nolan_chart_150.png

Subscribing to 100% Liberal or 100% Conservative ideas will still lead us toward the path of Statism. A "Conservative" who is going to repeal Obamacare but yet expand the War on Terror and expand the War On Drugs, is still leading us to the slaughterhouse.

Top Bottom