• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Anybody on here know how to make apps for Android?I'm wanting to have an app that lists all of the 10-codes and Q-signals for different states.It should be simple,just a listing.Anybody who can do this or point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

2000f350

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    New Castle
    Oh wow! Why didn't I think of this? Maybe a post or search at XDA or possibly Androidforums.com would yield some answers or spark some interest with a developer

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This should just be basically a reference app.I'm thinking we could start off with the phonetic alphabet and 10-codes and Q-signals for Indiana only with other states in app updates.Starting with just Indiana should keep things simple because some states,like California,have different codes and signals for different sections of the state whereas Indiana is pretty much universal.Also it would be best if this didn't require internet connection because you never know when or where you'll be when you went to reference a call you're hearing.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yup, the IDE is called Eclipse, but Google has a Beta of their own IDE out now, which would surely be easier to use when it is fully functional. Eclipse is complicated because it is general purpose and has multiple layers of setup options, instead of being purpose built. That said, the language is just Java, so no big learning curve if you know any of the C variants.

If your app is nothing but a lot of text codes, then you could make it all as A web page (anywhere on the net), and just use a single WebView 'Activity' (the Android word for Page) in the app. The only coding required then would be to do a webview.loadurl.

Last edited:

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yup, the IDE is called Eclipse, but Google has a Beta of their own IDE out now, which would surely be easier to use when it is fully functional. Eclipse is complicated because it is general purpose and has multiple layers of setup options, instead of being purpose built. That said, the language is just Java, so no big learning curve if you know any of the C variants.

If your app is nothing but a lost of text codes, then you could make it all as HTML, and just use a single WebView 'Activity' (the Android word for Page) in the app. The only coding required then would be to do a webview.loadurl.

:dunno:...which is why I'm asking for assistance.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    :dunno:...which is why I'm asking for assistance.

:ugh:

Here is my blueprint in English:
    1) Make web page(s) with all your code data (online or as a file, either way works, but online has advantages)
    2) Install IDE on any PC: http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/studio.html
    3) Create new blank project in the IDE, and add a WebView
    4) Google webview.loaddata, or webview.loadurl to write one line of code to get started testing
    5) Create a Google Developer account for $25, and publish your app!

If you make good on this simple project, then you will be all setup to enhance it as you see fit, and make other apps as well. You can publish as many apps as you want, without paying additional fees on Google's marketplace (iTunes costs $75 per year for that privilege).

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Download Scanner Radio and when you open a radio to play, you can press the MENU button and pull up the 10 code listings in order.

Kind of a 2-in-1 as far as listening to the scanner goes.

Top Bottom