• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Just wanted to let of the ammo hounds know that I think the ammo shortage is beginning to be over. I know of 4 places with lots of ammo in stock at good prices right now. 1. The Outdoorsman in Greenwood
    2. Wally world North of Southport Rd on US 31
    3. MC Sports in Bloomington
    4. Ed's trading post in Nineveh
    Dick's
    Gander Mountain (really high)
    I'm not saying they have everything, but all have some pistol variety and rifle/shotgun. More than I have seen since December. Also, got home from work today and my Natchez mag was there. They have all of the WWB in stock for sale right now. Plus a boat load of hornady, speer and blazer. I wouold say other than Gander all of the prices were moderate at best, but it is out there and available

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    it comes in waves in Fort Wayne. There will be a bunch or a store will say they have 12 boxes but you get there and you're lucky to get 1 or 2 for the range. I think there's still some hoarding going on. I have yet to buy a box go to the range and come back a few days later and find more. But it's not weeks anymore so I think you are right on the trend.
    Gander does seem stocked allthe time though. But Blazer 9mm is $16.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    When I met with the OP today, I was really happy to see some FMJ .38 in stock. Very happy as I was 100% out and need some range ammo if I'm gonna get a chance to go!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just wanted to let of the ammo hounds know that I think the ammo shortage is beginning to be over. I know of 4 places with lots of ammo in stock at good prices right now. 1. The Outdoorsman in Greenwood
    2. Wally world North of Southport Rd on US 31
    3. MC Sports in Bloomington
    4. Ed's trading post in Nineveh
    Dick's
    Gander Mountain (really high)
    I'm not saying they have everything, but all have some pistol variety and rifle/shotgun. More than I have seen since December. Also, got home from work today and my Natchez mag was there. They have all of the WWB in stock for sale right now. Plus a boat load of hornady, speer and blazer. I wouold say other than Gander all of the prices were moderate at best, but it is out there and available

I believe the ammo shortage will be over when:
    1) We quite talking about it
    2) We can name more than 4 places in the Greater Indy Area that has ammo
    3) When find reloading components is as easy as ammo

:twocents:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Nothing in two walmarts in Louisville. and like above no .223 at 96th. all checked within 2 days.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think supply will continue to increase this winter when people are shooting less and demand decreases. Maybe we will all get some cheap ammo for Christmas!

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    :patriot:It's not the cheapest, but LUCKYGUNNER.com has had a good selection lately including .223 and .38ACP. They are also fast -coming out of Toledo i think any order i place before 10 am arrives the next day at standard rate. :twocents: :ar15:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    MCSports in Btown didn't have a single round of 45ACP ball a week ago, neither did Wally world. I took the last 100 round box from the shelf at the Martinsville Walmart.

I agree with RNM. When the shelves are full, it will be over. The same with reloading components.

The good news is that this is a sign of it coming. Another is that people seem to be not willing to pay inflated prices set by greedy retailers and "traders."

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    MCSports in Btown didn't have a single round of 45ACP ball a week ago, neither did Wally world. I took the last 100 round box from the shelf at the Martinsville Walmart.

I agree with RNM. When the shelves are full, it will be over. The same with reloading components.

The good news is that this is a sign of it coming. Another is that people seem to be not willing to pay inflated prices set by greedy retailers and "traders."

.45ACP Fiochi

Fiocchi .45 ACP

This is what I told you about on the phone the other day.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Another is that people seem to be not willing to pay inflated prices set by greedy retailers and "traders."

Yep. I was tempted too. MCSports has .380 at sub $20/50 prices from what I saw today. The capitalist in me said, "Get it and resell baby!" The nice guy said, "Don't be a ****."

Funny though, when I told Andrew I did not have anything to shoot .380 with, he replied: "Yet!"

:):

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have seen plenty of 9mm and .40S&W at the east side Indy Walmart. I am sure Meijer and Dicks are in the same position. In fact, the Walmart has been offering two different brands of 100 round bulk packages. I would say the shortage is likely over, but I know that if Obama or someone high up in the administration utters one word about gun control, there will likely be another run on guns and ammo. This is especially true with the upcoming supreme court case. In fact, if one of the conservative justices ends up sick and/or passes away, that would flip the court to anti-individual freedom when it comes to the second amendment.

As such, I would highly recommend people buy a box or two per week or every other week if they don't have much ammo stored.

Top Bottom