• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Cabela's and BP by me had most ammo I've seen anywhere in over a year and it has remained like that for over a week now.
    1000's of rounds Multiple grades of 223/556. Lots of 9mm, 40, 45, 22WMR, 17RF, 308, 30/06 350 legend, 450BM other HP/CF rifle calibers as well. Crap load of 12 & 20 ga shotgun ammo also.

Did have about 50k SM/HG/Mag primers and a few bottles of powder but it was all gone when I came back a week later.
    BP by me had a impressive number of rifle bullets' in stock also and in most popular calibers including .308, 6.5 and 7mm.

Bullet prices were OK bit ammo was IMO still to high by a lot.

Last edited:

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Buy it cheap, stack it deep.
    I do care and did by cheap and stack VERY DEEP starting over 12 years ago.
    Most of my friends who shoot all made jest at all the money I waisted on buying cheap bulk 9mm and 223, bulk primers, powder and bullets until that is they found themselves living only a 10-20 minuet drive from towns ANTIFA was setting ablaze and had only 50-100 rounds or less on hand. And no ammo was available ANYWHERE OTC.

This last ammo and reloading component shortage had absolutely no effect on my reloading what so ever, still has not and will not. It did affect my shooting but ONLY what I shot not how much I shot, in I cut my 223 and 22lr consumption due to costs and having 5x more 9mm bullets on hand than 224 and not being able to reload 22lr. BUT I supplemented that reduction by shooting an equally larger number of 9mm reloads out of my carbines and HG's.

My sons and I still shot as often as ever just more 9mm and less 223 and 22lr.

IMO prices for popular ammo reloading components and powder, especially ammo powder and bullets will likely never go back to pre-panic prices, but when again IMO they have gone as low as they will likely get I will again begin to buy every month or every time a good buy presents itself to me.

I can not suggest strongly enough my fellow firearms enthusiasts do the same.

Last edited:

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    The suoer cheap days were going away even before the pandemic. In 2020 the costs were scheduled to go up 10 to 15% (per the ammo companies). Even without a pandemic. This was due to the comapies ate the costs of materials rising but kept prices consistent.

So when all this clears we will probably have 14 dollar a box FMJ 9mm as the new norm.

Will be interesting either way
    Cost of everything is climbing fast. Not just ammo!

Top Bottom