• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A few of the links on non Amazon pages had prices but when I clicked the price was higher. Maybe surge pricing?
    Or outright scams.

Ive seen several videos where people ordered things "on sale" as prime day offers, only to look back at what they bought and now they are significantly cheaper now than they paid "on sale". One example the guy showed where he paid $30 prime day price, the day after its now $20 plus a $2 coupon.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Or outright scams.

Ive seen several videos where people ordered things "on sale" as prime day offers, only to look back at what they bought and now they are significantly cheaper now than they paid "on sale". One example the guy showed where he paid $30 prime day price, the day after its now $20 plus a $2 coupon.

I got a 'renewed' product instead of a new one when the page didn't disclose it was renewed and actually had links to cheaper versions of the exact same product properly labeled as renewed. Amazon would not replace with an actual new product or refund the difference between renewed and new pricing, so I'm disputing with the credit card.

The only reason I renew Prime is I get it free with one of my reward cards, but I'm thinking of cancelling that card and Prime since I use my travel cards much more often.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The only reason I renew Prime is I get it free with one of my reward cards, but I'm thinking of cancelling that card and Prime since I use my travel cards much more often.
    I stick with prime for the "free" shipping. I do a lot of repairs/builds. So the free shipping pays for itself many times over. I usually buy from the bay, Amazon or maybe direct from companies. It depends on what is the best deal. Mostly direct from companies the shipping costs are high.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I stick with prime for the "free" shipping. I do a lot of repairs/builds. So the free shipping pays for itself many times over. I usually buy from the bay, Amazon or maybe direct from companies. It depends on what is the best deal. Mostly direct from companies the shipping costs are high.

I'm cancelling mine at the end of this annual membership unless Navy Federal offers to pay it again. We don't order enough for it to be worth it, and we can wait for our order be over $35 to get free shipping. Best Buy and CostCo have been getting more of my dollars and our Amazon spend has plummeted over the past few years. Prime books are mostly pulp garbage, Prime streaming has very little I'm interested in and we have more streaming than we can watch anyway.

The only Amazon service I'm using routinely is the Amazon music unlimited, which is a stand alone subscription.

I completely get the metric will be different for others who take advantage of more of the benefits.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Or outright scams.

Any time that happens, return the items and reorder. I only get prime when it's the free trial because my daughter in southbend has prime. If i need something, i just message her and see orders it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Speaking of SCAMS, I got an "Amazon Prime" subscription scam emailed to me today.

The email looked authentic. Claimed that my Prime membership expires today and they needed an updated card number to charge.

Luckily, I knew my membership expires in November...

:runaway:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got one better. One I cant stop.

I use Sendgrid to send emails in bulk at work. THeir subscriber list apparently got leaked. I get on average 3 emails a day warning me that my account was logged in from a random place around the world, so I need to click the link to log in and dispute the bogus login (if its not legit)

But its hackers who want my account info. Cant be legit because we use 2 factor AND whitelisted IPs. So its impossible for a foreign login.

THe difficulty? Each inbound email is from another compromised email. So I cant block them as each source is different. I just have to delete them as they arrive.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I got one better. One I cant stop.

I use Sendgrid to send emails in bulk at work. THeir subscriber list apparently got leaked. I get on average 3 emails a day warning me that my account was logged in from a random place around the world, so I need to click the link to log in and dispute the bogus login (if its not legit)

But its hackers who want my account info. Cant be legit because we use 2 factor AND whitelisted IPs. So its impossible for a foreign login.

THe difficulty? Each inbound email is from another compromised email. So I cant block them as each source is different. I just have to delete them as they arrive.

In a silly world where little Johnny potsmoker can still go to the pokey for 10 plus years, and all I'm wanting is missile strikes on any crooked call center in the world. Doesn't seem proportional.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Speaking of SCAMS, I got an "Amazon Prime" subscription scam emailed to me today.

The email looked authentic. Claimed that my Prime membership expires today and they needed an updated card number to charge.

Luckily, I knew my membership expires in November...

:runaway:
    Just got a similar one to reup microsoft…

Top Bottom