• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There are 4 states that do not have a sales tax.... Just like there are some states that don't have income taxes either. :rolleyes:

From what I researched, of those four, only two also have no local sales tax. A third has a 9% tax on prepared food only, and I don't know if that means McDonalds, Wendy's, or also on grocery products.

If this issue was so important to Amazon, why would they invest tons of money outside of these four states? They saw the writing on the wall. There had to be more negatives than positives when choosing to locate somewhere else outside of one of those four states.

arsenal69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Just another way they have found to legally rob us....... It makes me sick they always find a way to get money they should not be getting.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    From what I researched, of those four, only two also have no local sales tax. A third has a 9% tax on prepared food only, and I don't know if that means McDonalds, Wendy's, or also on grocery products.

If this issue was so important to Amazon, why would they invest tons of money outside of these four states? They saw the writing on the wall. There had to be more negatives than positives when choosing to locate somewhere else outside of one of those four states.

They didn't invest tons of money. Everything is leased and contracted. They can move with little muss, definitely able to do it in two years time.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    They didn't invest tons of money. Everything is leased and contracted. They can move with little muss, definitely able to do it in two years time.

This.

Besides, states give all sorts of free money to businesses to relocate or move. The cost of savings in shipping alone would make it worthwhile. Any idea how many packages they ship... every hour? LOL!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wait.. wait .... wait a second.

You mean, every year, when I have been doing my duty, going thru all my online purchases, and paying the sales tax like I am supposed to...

Which comes to thousands of dollars by the way....

You deadbeats havent been?

Great... just great.

Silly me for trying to do whats required of me... I should just break the law like everyone else apparently.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My first State income tax form was filed in 1975. On that tax return there was the use tax, ie: to pay sales tax on out of state purchases. Every year that I filed an Indiana state return, I filled in that blank and paid the tax. No brainer, it is the law, has been since I can remember. Each tax season, I just go down my credit card statements and record purchases where I didn't pay tax. Don't think the Indiana department of revenue has no access to that same information if they want it.

Do I LIKE the "use tax" NO!. is it required? yes. Have people lived their whole lives cheating that tax, I am sure, but it is not something that gives me worry or stress. I guess the biggest concern is that while the state lawmakers are trying to figure out how to get more taxes from me, they do not even bother apply the laws they already have.

Top Bottom