• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's the kind of thing we never had. Back when we deployed we still had the alice packs in my unit and a few of us went out and bought some CFP-90's. All the molle gear is completely foreign to me. It's amazing how the gear and times have changed in just the years since I was in. We were lucky that we were even issued these sleep system sleeping bags instead of those old korean war era sleeping bags. Depending on the size of that pack I may have to look into one of those.

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I was issued the ILBE, I didn't like it rest on your back and doesn't allow air to flow between you and your pack. I'm hoping to get a MOLLE II rucksack soon because of the external frame but other then reading about them online I don't know much about them.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Trouble

Well I ordered 2 Bag Systems and my wife may DIVORCE me I am a backpack whore. She told me if I get one more bag she is leaving well..... I ordered a ALICE pack with frame hope I get the mail before she does.

BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I just received one of the bag systems from armygear.net and am very impressed - really good condition! Thanks for the 'heads up' and the discount info.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Considering buying one... is the Bivy worth the $30 more? What is the bivy anyhow?

The bivy bag is the "waterproof" bag /shell that all the other bags go into and actually makes contact with the ground .

Is it worth it is up to you . How much do you like waking up wet with a dew / rain soaked bag ?

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. I'm in the market for a couple of heavy sleeping bags to add to my car kits.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. I'm in the market for a couple of heavy sleeping bags to add to my car kits.

Ditto. I figure they will be great to have around the house in case of a major power & gas outage this winter :D We have good cold-weather bags, but a couple of spares cannot hurt.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Ditto. I figure they will be great to have around the house in case of a major power & gas outage this winter :D We have good cold-weather bags, but a couple of spares cannot hurt.

Now I just need to figure out something for my daughter. She's eight and a half months old. I'm torn between just having her tuck in with my wife and trying to figure out something just for her. I'm not sure I like the idea of her being completely covered up with the bivy at this age, or the heavy sleeping bag. I think I'll do some research on some of the backpacking forums out there and see what they use for small children.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I don't know why people wouldn't want the gortex shell or compression bag, but everyone's got their reasons.

I used this sleeping system when we were first issued them at Fort Drum, and then again when I was at Campbell. Then, since I got out, I have bought two sets for myself and my family to use. In all this time, except maybe once or twice at Drum, I have never used the gortex bivy. To be able to buy just the two bags and the stuff sack is awesome.

This link is a great deal. Thanks OP for the heads up.

Top Bottom