• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

The sad thing is that she seems very intelligent and quite articulate. She understands the system completely and all of the loopholes.

If only we could convince people like this it is more gratifying to work for a living and be independent...

Regards,

Doug

Tuesday Shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    I can only hope that was fake. Maybe if we got enough dozers we could push California off into the ocean and make them an independent country.

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    No one wants to work for their money anymore. They just want the free stuff......

There is a difference between "rights" and "entitlements". Come on people get of your bums and contribute to society. If she put all that energy she used to research ebt and welfare she would have been able to further herself a different way to a better life than scamming the government. But wait I bet you all the money that I have that she didnt have to research much because the state of california probably advertises all of these programs. End of rant Im sorry but this just burned my butt to witness that waste of oxygen

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    this is satire.

while some of it may be true I find it to be BS (by the site posting it and not the op) to post it as a factual interview. If they got duped then they should have fact checked it.
    related video down below.

It's Free Swipe Yo EBT | RTM - Right This Minute

Then you definitely don't want to hear of the other scams these low life's pull.

Mom starts having kids at 14-15yo. She pops out about 5. They all go to the "special doctor" and get diagnosed as ADD or something like that for the Social Security/Disability pay.

Then mom is reported by grandma (who mom and the bebe's live with) as an unfit mother. The state comes in, sees the filth etc and removes kids from house. Well, grandmother applies to be the foster parent and gets money for each kid. Something like $200-300 per kid per month. Oh yeah, mom still lives in house with grandma and kids....

My ex used to be an RN for labor and delivery in New Orleans, she saw them come in giving birth at age 12. This was not a rare occasion. She would see the same woman come in every 10-12 months having another kid.

A co-worker friend of mine is married to a girl from California. When she arrived in NOLA, she was very liberal and a very "love everyone" kind of hippie girl. Just a few short years working in the social security office in NOLA changed her tremendously. She now HATES the filth she has to deal with on a daily basis, not the ones that truly need the help, but the scum scamming the system.

She is not allowed to do or say anything at all.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    sainte

I am not saying the message is wrong. It is how the message is being broadcasted. The arizona tea website is either

A) posting it knowing it is satire and asking for people to email their congress leaders

B) posting it without fact checking it and asking people to send it to their congress leaders.

Either way it really takes the stories your wife deals with and treats a serious topic with the legitmacy of a SNL skit.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Satire ?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufk7IXdxc-c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7B1Wb1tc2M[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKrp81SINkc[/ame]

And so on

How many signs do you see everyday "We Accept EBT" ?
    I manage a liquor store and EBT is accepted for smokes and beer. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy! You ?
    I have a POS that has been using EBT for about 2 yrs, 3 weeks ago he comes in and tells me to look at his PHKN NEW Dodge 3/4 ton Cummins 4 dr truck.

So the newest veh I have is an 02 with over 175K on it and MONKEY BUTT is on EBT with a NEW truck ?
    Ram - Build & Price - Vehicle Summary
    Basic 4dr model with the Cummins $42K

No this must all be a right wing conspiracy to slander the policies of the big 0 cause it is impossible for fraud to occure during this, the most open administration in the history of this country or any other for that matter

:twocents:

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    sainte

I am not saying the message is wrong. It is how the message is being broadcasted. The arizona tea website is either

A) posting it knowing it is satire and asking for people to email their congress leaders

B) posting it without fact checking it and asking people to send it to their congress leaders.

Either way it really takes the stories your wife deals with and treats a serious topic with the legitmacy of a SNL skit.

Oh I agree with you. And that's EX wife! Hahaha.

My new wife has a "youth" girl that works with her and she tells her these scams all the time. My wife is Asian so it disarms the "youth" and she spills the beans on all the scams other "youth" are pulling.

It's really sickening when I have a day off and go have lunch with my wife. Sometimes I will show up to her work without calling ahead to get her lunch order. The youth girl has asked me a couple times to pick her up some lunch, if she hands me cash, no problem. Bt, one time she handed me her EBT card, I flat out refused and told her I do not use welfare like that and that I hated to see MY hard earned dollars being spent at Popeyes.....of course I was called racist by her....go figure. She should've thanked me for working so hard to provide her with a welfare card!

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Unfortunately most of the younger generation considers you a fool if you actually play by the rules. There is no regret or conscious involved. There is no place for it in their tiny (nonexistent) attention spans. They have been taught that they are all "RockStars" and everything they desire is owed to them!
    MH

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    To All,

The sad thing is that she seems very intelligent and quite articulate. She understands the system completely and all of the loopholes.

If only we could convince people like this it is more gratifying to work for a living and be independent...

Regards,

Doug

Why should we convince them? And why is anyone surprised that people take advantage of the system? There are plenty of people that would rather sit on their ass and enjoy life than work for peanuts. How can anyone blame them?

The answer isn't to convince them... it is to MAKE THEM. The problem with society isn't that people take advantage of the system; it is that the system is designed to allow people to take advantage of it. I appreciate her for her honesty. They should have played this video at the State of the Union Address!!!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Unfortunately most of the younger generation considers you a fool if you DON'T actually play by the rules. There is no regret or conscious involved. There is no place for it in their tiny (nonexistent) attention spans. They have been taught that they are all "RockStars" and everything they desire is owed to them!
    MH

Fixed that for you...

News Flash... These people ARE PLAYING BY THE RULES... that is the problem!!!

We need to abandon this mentality that people are to blame... don't hate the player... HATE THE GAME!!! The game is broken... not the players. We focus far too much attention on the takers when we should be focusing all of our attention at the givers.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Fixed that for you...

News Flash... These people ARE PLAYING BY THE RULES... that is the problem!!!

We need to abandon this mentality that people are to blame... don't hate the player... HATE THE GAME!!! The game is broken... not the players. We focus far too much attention on the takers when we should be focusing all of our attention at the givers.

I understand your statement and appreciate the correction.
    What I should have said is that they are not playing by the rules that I was brought up with. My mistake.
    Different era, different ethics.
    MH

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Satire or not, it highlights one side of a very real problem. We have legions of welfare recipients who are masters of working the system at our expense, and we also have people, often those in the greatest need, who never manage to receive any help other than being buried by the .gov when they are found dead on the street. Different levels of upside-down layered like one of those Russian dolls one inside the other. First, our money is forcibly taken to fill a role which properly belongs to charity, the crooked and lazy suck up most of the resources, and those who could make the most legitimate claim to help (state-sponsored larceny notwithstanding) are often the least likely to receive. It is a program of the wise and benevolent government. What could possibly go wrong?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom