All Broad Ripple a Gun Free Zone Legality??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Guy is up next on hammer and Nigel for Monday Gunday. Should be interesting after Nigel just stated it's irresponsible for BR clubs to not be wanding... :xmad:

Yeah, I heard that.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    So I guess neither Supreme Court decisions nor Indiana State Law are applicable in Indianapolis? I'm assuming those liberal fools are just saying this to hear themselves talk, instead of actually trying to enforce such blatant unconstitutional desires...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hm....

So if I go down to BR on Sunday - Thursday (just kidding....), can I still carry my Saturday Night Special?
    Mr. Saturday Night Special.
    Ain't good for nothing
    Got a barrel that's blue and cold.
    Put a man 6 feet in a hole...
    So why don't we dump all people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come here
    Wanna shoot you or me

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dupe.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Mr. Saturday Night Special.
    Ain't good for nothing
    Got a barrel that's blue and cold.
    Put a man 6 feet in a hole...
    So why don't we dump all people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come here
    Wanna shoot you or me
    One of the songs written by Ed King that wasn't Sweet Home Alabama ;)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So I guess neither Supreme Court decisions nor Indiana State Law are applicable in Indianapolis? I'm assuming those liberal fools are just saying this to hear themselves talk, instead of actually trying to enforce such blatant unconstitutional desires...
    Private property is the "loophole" that BR is going to use. Rent public space for private use and the rule can now be enforced. It has worked for decades in White River State Park concerts, Garfield Park concerts, and the 500 Parade. They rent it for say Fri and Sat evenings from 9pm-3am.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    What I find interesting is these types of shootings and MORE happen in my area ALL THE TIME and no one really cares. 4 shot/3 die in Boujee-town and it's top priority. The "victims" are the same, but it's now affecting their property values.

I do not fault folks if their property values mean more to them than gang bangers.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Private property is the "loophole" that BR is going to use. Rent public space for private use and the rule can now be enforced. It has worked for decades in White River State Park concerts, Garfield Park concerts, and the 500 Parade. They rent it for say Fri and Sat evenings from 9pm-3am.
    The business are private property with private ownership.
    And there still isn't an event. IC states the permit is for an event.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I do not fault folks if their property values mean more to them than gang bangers.
    But the property values in the lower middle class (like my home) is of no concern. They will throw TONS of resources at this current issue but my area will see little to nothing. Nothing new but it's just more obvious right now. The neighborhoods I serve are filled with people that just want to live their lives, crime free. They just cannot afford to live in BR or Carmel, Westfield, etc. Or like me, refuse to leave a place they grew up in. I could maybe afford to live in Hamilton Co but I have no business being there. I would like to see some effort to add sidewalks, new streets, etc in my area like we see in BR.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The business are private property with private ownership.
    And there still isn't an event. IC states the permit is for an event.
    Ok, they name it something like "Broad Ripple Block Party" or similar and get a permit. They have already been shutting vehicular traffic off BR Ave during those hours to allow pedestrians to fill the streets. That is essentially what it is already, a block party every weekend.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    But the property values in the lower middle class (like my home) is of no concern. They will throw TONS of resources at this current issue but my area will see little to nothing. Nothing new but it's just more obvious right now. The neighborhoods I serve are filled with people that just want to live their lives, crime free. They just cannot afford to live in BR or Carmel, Westfield, etc. Or like me, refuse to leave a place they grew up in. I could maybe afford to live in Hamilton Co but I have no business being there. I would like to see some effort to add sidewalks, new streets, etc in my area like we see in BR.
    It's the same as sending buss loads of illegals to different cities, but send a bus load to Martha's Vineyard and they will deploy the national guard.

Top Bottom