• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have been looking for a new OWB holster for my G43. I usually buy a leather thumb break to use while hunting but I see these Alien Gear holsters online are a super value. You can get a OWB and IWB combo for under 50.00.

Has anyone used one? Would like to hear some thoughts.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Excellent quality, super fast service, comfortable to wear and available for almost any gun. I have one of their Cloak Tuk 3.0's for my Sig 938 and am very satisfied. My next buy will be for my Sig 1911 ultra. I'm one of their very satisfied customers. They are not pretty like a good leather holster but what the heck. Nobody sees them anyway.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    20160207_140943.jpgNothing but excellent service from them. CS is next day replies. Iron clad warranty. I have a 1.0, 2.0, and their owb. The owb is OKAY.

The IWB holsters are designed for behind the hip carry. If you want to carry IWB at 3 or 9 clock I suggest adding belt clips to the OWB holster. The smaller foot print makes it conform better.

Sorry about the rotation but you see how it works. With the iwb holster at 3 clock I print from the sweat guard sticking out.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I tend to avoid them, one of my friends bought one and the shell did not cover the trigger guard entirely plus when he ran drills drawing from concealment the holster had a bad habit of coming out with the gun. After that incident I was finally able to convince him to spend the extra $$ on a good holster and he has now seen the light. Plus I do not like the design, because the holster is supposed to be modular the backing can fit anything from a Government 1911 to a LCP. This makes the holster bulkier than it needs to be if using a smaller gun like a shield.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I tend to avoid them, one of my friends bought one and the shell did not cover the trigger guard entirely plus when he ran drills drawing from concealment the holster had a bad habit of coming out with the gun. After that incident I was finally able to convince him to spend the extra $$ on a good holster and he has now seen the light. Plus I do not like the design, because the holster is supposed to be modular the backing can fit anything from a Government 1911 to a LCP. This makes the holster bulkier than it needs to be if using a smaller gun like a shield.

Lots of mixed reviews. Nothing but awesome from my Supertuck. (their competitor)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...509-1-aliengear-bipolar-customer-service.html

Last edited:

woodstock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    Sullivan
    I have the 1.0 and 3.0 inside the waistband versions. I have had really good luck with them, there comfortable, and are well made they also conceal well. Plus alien gear has good customer service.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Did he adjust the retention of the holster?

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    The only time I had the holster come out with the gun is with a NON GUN BELT. If the belt is a real gun belt the hooks hold tight.

As for the comment on the holster being bulkier than it needs to be.....you are not informed correctly. AG has different size bases for small guns to big guns. Get your stuff together before stating false information.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Did he adjust the retention of the holster?

I checked it, the retention was not super tight at all (Not sure how it came from factory) . What appeared to happen was the clips slipped off the belt allowing the holster to come out with the gun.

The only time I had the holster come out with the gun is with a NON GUN BELT. If the belt is a real gun belt the hooks hold tight.

As for the comment on the holster being bulkier than it needs to be.....you are not informed correctly. AG has different size bases for small guns to big guns. Get your stuff together before stating false information.

Nope it was a real gun belt Galco to be exact https://www.galcogunleather.com/csb7-cop-belt_8_254_1071.html

Wrong on the holster back sizing -

I have never owned any of their holsters but from seeing firsthand my friends experience I want nothing to do with the company. A holster is something you bet your life on and I am more than happy to shell out the cash for the best holsters available.

Last edited:

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I checked it, the retention was not super tight at all (Not sure how it came from factory) . What appeared to happen was the clips slipped off the belt allowing the holster to come out with the gun.

Nope it was a real gun belt Galco to be exact https://www.galcogunleather.com/csb7-cop-belt_8_254_1071.html

And no it appears from alien gears own website their bases are universal not offering different sizes so they can offer the free holster shell replacement with their holsters. So I would kindly ask you get your information right.
    Holster Bases for Semi-Automatics - Holster Bases
    Cloak Tuck 3.0 Features

I have never owned any of their holsters but from seeing firsthand my friends experience I want nothing to do with the company. A holster is something you bet your life on and I am more than happy to shell out the cash for the best holsters available.

Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Composite Base for Semi-Automatics

Scroll down and click the "size" option.

Alien Gear said:
    Dimensions:
    Micro: 6.5"
    Sub Compact: 7"
    Compact: 7.5"
    Full Size: 8.5"

Note: These dimensions are not exact to the neoprene composite. These dimensions are our recommended maximum gun lengths for the different base sizes. . Continue reading at: Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Composite Base for Semi-Automatics

bill075

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    I have had the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster for 5 months now and still happy.
    I would suggest to use blue Loctite on all the threads after you have it adjusted the way you want

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I like the shell being removable. It is very easy for me to clean all the dust and lint off the inside. It's kind of disgusting when I do clean it about every 6 months. There is more in there than I imagine.

I took my wife's hair drier to the trigger guard to add retention and now it clicks in just like a good kydex holster. I can do upside down wall push ups and the gun stays.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Kevin, I tried to like the Aliengear but it was just a bit too bulky and heavy compared to crossbreed. crossbreed seems to be much better materials and simply more comfortable. although daily I carry a Glock 42 in a Tagua 4in1 holster and out of all holsters I've ever owned it is the most comfortable, has great retention and is very versatile.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    On the advice of a couple of friends, I bought an Alien Gear Tuck 3.0 for my SR1911CMD. Works great for me and really comfortable. There were people posting on r/CCW on Reddit about not having enough trigger coverage like Cameramonkey found on the holster he bought from them but mine is fine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Check out Crossbreedseconds.com I got a horsehide mini tuck for my Glock 43 for a very reasonable price. You will need to check back and reserve one as soon as you see it for the 43 as they seem to move quickly. I have a Galco King Tuk for my 19/26 and had worn that thing daily (before getting my 43) in every kind of conditions for years without any hiccups. I have a spare one, new in package as a backup, just in case, but have never needed it.

I like the mini tuck, and it works very well, but am biding my time until the Galco King Tuk for the 43 becomes widely available. Galco is currently saying another 10 - 12 weeks when I emailed them recently.

Top Bottom