• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coolcat1104

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Ar-15

Elpenguin0717, I have to completely agree with you. So many people get hung up on I like the AK, I like the AR. It is not about what I like the best. It is about what ammo is going to be most readily available, and that will determine the weapon of choice.
    Since we all know what ammo is going to be more abundant, the answer is simple. AR15
    Every cop, armed personal, spec ops, seals,rangers, DEA, FBI, need I go on? The .223/5.56 will be everywhere, if the shtf!
    :ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    All you guys talk about "IF" the SHTF. Don't you realize that it already has? We are living in it. It is happening all around us every day.

This is the time to be training, stocking up, and forming up. Not the endless, useless debate over caliber or platform.

Maybe this might start getting you up to speed with everybody else.....http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/

Or perhaps here.....http://mountainguerrilla.blogspot.com/

Get with it folks.

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Since we all know what ammo is going to be more abundant, the answer is simple. AR15
    Every cop, armed personal, spec ops, seals,rangers, DEA, FBI, need I go on? The .223/5.56 will be everywhere, if the shtf!
    :ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Dude, I can't outfight these guys! If you had said nursing homes, beauty parlors, and daycare, then maybe I would stand a chance. I've never tried taking ammo from a baby (just candy), but I guess if SHTF, I'd be willing to try. But now getting ammo looks like a suicide mission!

I guess you're thinking of a situation as witnessed in the Walking Dead. The zombies have vanquished even the arms professionals. I think that's more the EOTWAWKI scenario, if even the armed forces have to abandon their weapon depot because they cannot protect themselves. Some places in the world are currently very dangerous, very chaotic. Most of us won't survive long there. But even those places aren't that bad.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If there are piles of ammo and guns laying around everywhere from dead good guys, I'm going with the statistics and betting I'm dead along with them. I think some of you watch too much television :laugh:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    If there are piles of ammo and guns laying around everywhere from dead good guys, I'm going with the statistics and betting I'm dead along with them.

That's what I'm thinking. You'd either be dead, or away from the hotspots because you're smart enough to avoid trouble.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    When the SHTF, the AR will look up bewildered and unsure, and the AK will be standing on the fan blade, a slow sickle-like grin splitting it face. "Welcome to my world." it will say with a chuckle, and the AR will shudder, unsure of itself.

"Trust in your after-market modifications. Trust in your after-market modifications" it chants as a mantra as it contemplates how long its retrofitted piston system and as-of-yet unused Magpul furniture will last in this hellish place...

"No!" It says. I have excellent accuracy! My ballistics are irrefutable! Every country I have met with the AK-47 has been conquered! I am the conqueror!" it yells to the wasted, blackened wind.

"Heh. Is good you stay positive." It hears from behind itself. The AR spins around, its ambidextrous $354 dollar aftermarket mag release quivering, to see the AK-74 strike a match against the gruff on its cheek. The AR feels its heart sink under the weight of its brass-cased, inferior ammunition.

The AK-74 looks up at its father, the AK-47, and laughs. The AK 74 walks up to the downtrodden AR, and says "Come on, boy. We have much to discuss!" it says, the three rifles forge their way into the dark, unknown world ahead.

"So, tell me about, how you say, accessory rails?" The AK-74 says.

The AR, for the first time, splits a grin.

"Wait'll you get a hold of peep sights."

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    When the SHTF, the AR will look up bewildered and unsure, and the AK will be standing on the fan blade, a slow sickle-like grin splitting it face. "Welcome to my world." it will say with a chuckle, and the AR will shudder, unsure of itself.

"Trust in your after-market modifications. Trust in your after-market modifications" it chants as a mantra as it contemplates how long its retrofitted piston system and as-of-yet unused Magpul furniture will last in this hellish place...

"No!" It says. I have excellent accuracy! My ballistics are irrefutable! Every country I have met with the AK-47 has been conquered! I am the conqueror!" it yells to the wasted, blackened wind.

"Heh. Is good you stay positive." It hears from behind itself. The AR spins around, its ambidextrous $354 dollar aftermarket mag release quivering, to see the AK-74 strike a match against the gruff on its cheek. The AR feels its heart sink under the weight of its brass-cased, inferior ammunition.

The AK-74 looks up at its father, the AK-47, and laughs. The AK 74 walks up to the downtrodden AR, and says "Come on, boy. We have much to discuss!" it says, the three rifles forge their way into the dark, unknown world ahead.

"So, tell me about, how you say, accessory rails?" The AK-74 says.

The AR, for the first time, splits a grin.

"Wait'll you get a hold of peep sights."
    Nice story

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    :horse:

The only real answer, is the fact that something is better than nothing.

Take what you have and know how to use effectively and leave it at that.

No further discussion necessary in all honesty...

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    i predict that in any SHTF where the US collapses ammo for both will not be an issue. Many nations a interrest in the US 556 is the nato round and our allies will more than likly get involved and try establish order via a military peace keeping force. And on the flip side the russians and chinese have an interrest as well and will more than likely be shipping plenty of aks and ammo certain groups trying to seize power that they back.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom