• ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    View attachment 148655
    So, I got in on the 5.56 Beryl drop. All the necessary parts are on the way to replicate this rifle. I really dig the modern take on the wz 88 Tantal....anyone else? (In case my user name didn’t give it away, I’m really into Polish rifles.) lol
    as much as I personally don't like wire folding stocks that's a damn good looking rifle. Is that grip factory? Reminds me of the A2 grip on an AR

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    as much as I personally don't like wire folding stocks that's a damn good looking rifle. Is that grip factory? Reminds me of the A2 grip on an AR
    I have a FB Radom factory grip for it, so it will not have this grip. Good call on the A2 similarities. I used an A2 grip on a AR build, and ground off that little nib and hockey taped the grip. More like a SP-1 set up...sorta.image.jpg

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    And to the wire stock, I thought about the chin weld (at best/haha) after I ordered it. First one for me. Now I have adapted to shoot my underfolder stock, not sure about the wire. If you have first hand experience with one, I’m all ears for sure-

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    And to the wire stock, I thought about the chin weld (at best/haha) after I ordered it. First one for me. Now I have adapted to shoot my underfolder stock, not sure about the wire. If you have first hand experience with one, I’m all ears for sure-

Folding stock fan here :wavey:

I think I posted this pic somewhat recently, but there are a few guys who make leather wraps for folders. Their kits come with waxed thread and blunt needles. Paracord is another route, but I really prefer the look of well worn leather. Also, it's a must for winter shooting with these things.

Upx2EWeh.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I think I posted this pic somewhat recently, but there are a few guys who make leather wraps for folders. Their kits come with waxed thread and blunt needles. Paracord is another route, but I really prefer the look of well worn leather. Also, it's a must for winter shooting with these things.

Upx2EWeh.jpg
    Like usual, you always present great photos ..... good work ! :thumbsup:

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County

Upx2EWeh.jpg
    06039111-F5C4-48A0-8CE1-D113E9990010.jpeg nice Romy- I‘ve modified some WASR 3 mags for the mini, I’m sure I’ll have to figure out something for the wire stock. I just wrapped some hockey tape on my PKMS, but I like the idea of the leather though-

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I'll need to look into those leather wraps, I like the look of it & if it fits a VZ2008 that's a bonus.

There's a guy on the AK Files making some neat wraps right now for underfolders, wires, and even Galil stocks. Lots of color options, and he sources his leather from Wickett & Craig (high-end boots, equestrian gear, purses, etc.).

I can attest to the fitment and quality, as I have one for a Galil.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    There's a guy on the AK Files making some neat wraps right now for underfolders, wires, and even Galil stocks. Lots of color options, and he sources his leather from Wickett & Craig (high-end boots, equestrian gear, purses, etc.).

I can attest to the fitment and quality, as I have one for a Galil.
    What’s your handle over there?

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Yeah buddy! N, O, Z, M70 and M72 ... I have a fair amount of hands-on experience with Yugo and Serbian AKs. First AK for you? If yours is in good shape, you got yourself a solid shooter. In original configuration, even better.

The current Zastava USA ZPAP guns are effectively OPAPs with chrome-lined barrels. Would love to see a photo of yours once you're able!

1kAwayGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Bloomington
    Yeah buddy! N, O, Z, M70 and M72 ... I have a fair amount of hands-on experience with Yugo and Serbian AKs. First AK for you? If yours is in good shape, you got yourself a solid shooter. In original configuration, even better.

The current Zastava USA ZPAP guns are effectively OPAPs with chrome-lined barrels. Would love to see a photo of yours once you're able!
    Quickly grabbed this photo haha. Yes it is my first AK. I was told zastava is probably one of the better ak brands despite being considered relatively budget. I didn’t realize furniture for the PAP wasn’t interchangeable with other AKs until after I bought it unfortunately. Not a big deal tho, I love it so far. The OPAP not being imported is a pretty big cool factor aswell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      3.5 MB · Views: 16

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Quickly grabbed this photo haha. Yes it is my first AK. I was told zastava is probably one of the better ak brands despite being considered relatively budget. I didn’t realize furniture for the PAP wasn’t interchangeable with other AKs until after I bought it unfortunately. Not a big deal tho, I love it so far. The OPAP not being imported is a pretty big cool factor aswell.

That thing looks great - nice score! Love that darker Yugo wood. I'd leave the furniture as is, but if for whatever reason you decide to swap the stock, I believe there's a WTB ad for one in the classifieds

Top Bottom