• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Ok, I was going to order some ammo from AIM. I went to checkout and noticed they want a copy of my drivers license (should've read the procedure first) Who else has ordered from there and did you have to send them a copy of your info? Guess I'm overly protective of my privacy!!!!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've bought there many times, and yes they have a copy of my ID. Great place to deal with. I've bought from other places online also and I seem to remeember that most all of them need that. Others will chime in with more informed answers though.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    My guess is it's to show you are of legal age to buy the ammo, and perhaps the location you provide to have the ammo shipped to matches where it says on your DL?:dunno:

Still I would be sketched out too if I were you. I hate giving out any kind of info over the net.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    This is common practice with ammo ordering
    How else do they or can they prove they sold ammo to someone over 21 or 18?
    I've sent it many times over the last 20 years to many places
    AIM is a good place to deal with IMHO

You have to fax or mail the copy

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    I understand that they don't want to sell to an underage buyer, and I don't have a problem with that, but I think that they are the only place I have bought from that has asked me for ID for an ammo purchase. I have not found it to be a common practice.

I wonder why it is that more places don't do it.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Love ordering from Aim. You have to give em a copy of your license but it's worth it for the prices and customer service.

They ship fast too.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Just take a digital picture of your DL and upload it and be done with it.

If you don't want to then don't order.

this. i took a pic of my DL with my phone and uploaded it. had my order in 2 business days. i understand any apprehension,and if this is a problem, use ammotogo.com

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Aim is a great company to do business with, and I would hate to see them go out of business because they accidently sold ammo to an underage person. Help keep them in business and send them a copy of your license. :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been buying from AIM for the past 3 years, best move I ever made.
    I faxed a photo copy one time, that is all they need.
    They seem to always have what I need, and I don't feel like I have been gouged.
    Also it frees up more of my cash on hand to buy firearms and other gear at gun shows, where cash is king. As I use a charge card with AIM, and pay it out of a different checking acct. than my other money.
    Go ahead it'll be o.k. and like someone else said they do ship fast, as they are only in Ohio, it usually shows up 2 days after I order.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The other option besides your DL is to send a copy of your C&R license.... You DO have a C&R license, don't you? Best 30 bucks I ever spent. Twice now. My purchases have saved me the cost of the license and then some, and I have to say it is very cool having the Big Brown Truck show up and the guy hand you a big box which you know contains a rifle. Having to clean off the cosmo is worth it, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom