• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I'm not a big surplus fanatic, but for some reason I've always liked Mausers. AIM sent me the link to the M48s they have back in stock and I can remember the last one I had (sold it like an idiot) I think I only gave a $150 for it. I knew they were getting harder to get, their wanting $399 for their "A1" grade. I knew they were getting harder to find, but didn't know they had went up that much :(. I still want one though ha ha ha ha

Yugoslavian Model M48/M48A 8mm Mauser Rifles

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yea I have a buddy that does some of the local shows, hes suppose to be keeping an eye out for nice one.

I paid too much for my M48A. ($350) about 4 years ago, but I was new to milsurp collecting and didn't know any better. To be fair, it was pretty much in unissued condition, but I found out later that it was overpriced. Still a nice rifle. I put a Burris scout scope on it and am really happy with that set up. I've seen crates of them at Knob Creek. If you haven't found one by the next machine gun shoot, you might be able to pick up one for a decent price down there. I think they were around 225 or so if I remember correctly. Just have to pick through them and find a nice one.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok sweet, thanks for the info ill keep that in mind. I don't have to have a perfect one, but Id like for it to be numbers matching. I would shoot it so I don't want it in perfect condition.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    M48s do tend to be for sale at Knob Creek, About 3 Knob Creeks ago there was a guy with about 4 cases of M48s and a couple of Mosins..

There were a few people milling about pointing and eyeballing.. The dealer walked by and yelled, "lets get this thing going any m48s for 180"
    a crowd just appeared and started digging in earnest. and each gun that came out was nice but had some slight issue, dinged stock here, Missing sight hood, some bluing loss on the barrels.. Then this guy appears out of nowhere in the back reaches in with this large claw like hand and pulls out the most beautiful Rosewood Stocked m48 I had ever seen.. and then it turned out to be a mod 98 receiver with Waffenants all over the parts..

Everyone's eye was on that gun waiting to see if he was going to put it back, all the while digging like Bugs Bunny for another.. He just kept looking at it pointing out all its pluses. Finally I just asked him if he was going to buy that... He just kind of snickered and said "No Kid I have enough M48s" So I told him I would take it if he was not going to take it.. So he tossed me the rifle and said "Sure kid, knock your self out".

Turned out to be a beautiful rifle.. I have often thought of that guy, He must of had one of those Pickers eyes....

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    M48s do tend to be for sale at Knob Creek, About 3 Knob Creeks ago there was a guy with about 4 cases of M48s and a couple of Mosins..

There were a few people milling about pointing and eyeballing.. The dealer walked by and yelled, "lets get this thing going any m48s for 180"
    a crowd just appeared and started digging in earnest. and each gun that came out was nice but had some slight issue, dinged stock here, Missing sight hood, some bluing loss on the barrels.. Then this guy appears out of nowhere in the back reaches in with this large claw like hand and pulls out the most beautiful Rosewood Stocked m48 I had ever seen.. and then it turned out to be a mod 98 receiver with Waffenants all over the parts..

Everyone's eye was on that gun waiting to see if he was going to put it back, all the while digging like Bugs Bunny for another.. He just kept looking at it pointing out all its pluses. Finally I just asked him if he was going to buy that... He just kind of snickered and said "No Kid I have enough M48s" So I told he I would take it if he was not going to take it.. So he tossed me the rifle and said "Sure kid, knock your self out".

Turned out to be a beautiful rifle.. I have often thought of that guy, He must of had one of those Pickers eyes....

30b6bfe053aa38e2f64c53c00d66c076.gif

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN

Everyone's eye was on that gun waiting to see if he was going to put it back, all the while digging like Bugs Bunny for another.. He just kept looking at it pointing out all its pluses. Finally I just asked him if he was going to buy that... He just kind of snickered and said "No Kid I have enough M48s" So I told he I would take it if he was not going to take it.. So he tossed me the rifle and said "Sure kid, knock your self out".

Alright, you two!! Get a room!!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

How long ago was that Mike????? 40 years ago????

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    How long ago was that Mike????? 40 years ago????

I was thinking about that while typing, would not have been more then 3 Knob creeks ago, 4 tops..

I saw a guy at knob creek 2 knob creeks ago, he had some m48s, but I was looking at other things and did not linger long to really price check them..

Top Bottom