• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's not a real threat, they would just line them on in their knees and shoot them in the back of the head. They've got a bigger supply of ammo and arms now, so their only real consideration is the time required to carry it out, depending on how many we sent them.
    So.. win/win

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The daily beast now thinks the Taliban is "gracious".

In one way I think they could be right. I'm pretty sure the Taliban is not scared of what Joe Biden would do so I'm pretty sure they didn't act out of fear so maybe they are being gracious.

Or it could be that the Chinese told him to so that the Chinese and started doing what they want to do without any hassle

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    In one way I think they could be right. I'm pretty sure the Taliban is not scared of what Joe Biden would do so I'm pretty sure they didn't act out of fear so maybe they are being gracious.

Or it could be that the Chinese told him to so that the Chinese and started doing what they want to do without any hassle
    On no planet could the Taliban be described as gracious. No planet. It's an attempt by the media to blunt the blowback their guy is receiving. Nothing more.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Wasn't their leader released from gitmo?
    Call me crazy, but I'm beginning to wonder if some CIA shenanigans aren't at play here.

Something seems suspect when the US says jump and the Taliban jumps. And they get tens of billions of dollars in US military kit.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wasn't their leader released from gitmo?
    Call me crazy, but I'm beginning to wonder if some CIA shenanigans aren't at play here.

Something seems suspect when the US says jump and the Taliban says jump. And they get tens of billions of dollars in US military kit.
    Well I did read something about one of their leaders was released from gitmo but I don't know if that was like within the last day or two to get our people out or that happened a while back so I don't know if I can connect the two but who knows

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Calling the taliban "gracious" is like thanking them for their hospitality and then allowing those being held against their will to leave. It's just like when Saddam Hussian held Americans hostage against their will and calling them his "guests"

I guess he was being a gracious "host"

"Would you like some milk little American girl?"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    There is a great deal of significance to this. With the designed push to remove God from our schools and daily lives, our country has continued to decline. If you do not see the correlation, you may want to look at it in more detail for your own education. The same Christian principles that work on an individual, personal level also work on a state or national level. Being the Light, or trying to be the Light, is the better option IMO.

I guess if your life is based around a specific religion, you filter everything though it...

Has nothing to do with Afghanistan, but whatever...

If someone, anyone did any actual research into America's interaction with Afghanistan (and they won't, as proven by ignoring it until the SOVIETs invaded in 1979),

They would find every actual expert recommended against it.

There is a reason Afghanistan is called "The Graveyard Of Empires",
    And Afghanistan earned that title...

We (US Military, boots on the ground) BEGGED the White House NOT to teach insurgency to the Mujahideen,

But Reagan/Bush were locked into it for different reasons.
    Reagan saw 'Commies' in his breakfast oatmeal,
    Bush thought there was oil under Afghanistan.

In '89 our treaty was to provide stabilization, aid that built schools, dug wells, gave Afghan products a market...
    EVERY ACTUAL EXPERT advised we stay out of politics/occupation, but honor the treaties/contracts.

But the US didn't...

Dropped like a hot rock when the SOVIETs pulled out, leaving a power vacuum the Taliban filled...

It ALWAYS goes bad when war tourists/extremists
    (that Afghans didn't want in the first place, but couldn't keep out)
    Didn't want in the first place take over...

Since the US didn't keep up with aid/export agreements, they welcomed Bin Laden (specifically his $10 million dollars) in as aid, and we know how that turned out...

The actual experts recommended we have MINIMAL boots on the ground, conduct air operations against Al-Qaeda, pretty much rendering the Taliban impotent, but again, that was ignored.

Instead an idiot president, and his oil crazy vice (president evil) decided to invade and destabilize IRAQ!

Again, graveyard of empires, and the US is on that LONG list...
    I'm surprised the US took 20 years to figure that out.
    The SOVIETs figured it out in 10...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I guess if your life is based around a specific religion, you filter everything though it...

If someone, anyone did any actual research into America's interaction with Afghanistan (and they won't, as proven by ignoring it until the SOVIETs invaded in 1979),

We (US Military, boots on the ground) BEGGED the White House NOT to teach insurgency to the Mujahideen,

In '89 our treaty was to provide stabilization, aid that built schools, dug wells, gave Afghan products a market...
    EVERY ACTUAL EXPERT advised we stay out of politics/occupation, but honor the treaties/contracts.

But the US didn't...

Dropped like a hot rock when the SOVIETs pulled out, leaving a power vacuum the Taliban filled...

Since the US didn't keep up with aid/export agreements, they welcomed Bin Laden (specifically his $10 million dollars) in as aid, and we know how that turned out...

The actual experts recommended we have MINIMAL boots on the ground, conduct air operations against Al-Qaeda, pretty much rendering the Taliban impotent, but again, that was ignored.

Instead an idiot president, and his oil crazy vice (president evil) decided to invade and destabilize IRAQ!

Okay mr kerosene bottle.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    To be fair:

1) Biden is the real president, she just invited the former president.

2) ALL presidents (and not just US presidents) have blood on their hands when they send their troops overseas into harm's way.

Or even when they kill civilians with drone strikes like Nobel Peace prize-winning Obama.

63 US Service members died under Trump.

The commander in chief is responsible, it comes with the job.

They decide to send troops overseas or decide not to bring troops home.
    I suppose there’s nothing technically wrong with what you state here.
    But I sure hope you actually understand why many are worked up about this, and are using the phrase blood on his hands in this case.
    It could have been handled so much differently. I can’t believe I even need to explain that.
    I just want you to have the chance to show that you are not an apologist for biden or anything, because this sounds like an apologist for biden

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

But the US didn't...

Shame your liberal messiah Obama didn't do a ****ing thing to remedy the situation in his 8 ****ing years as POTUS.

Guess he should have asked you, huh?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I suppose there’s nothing technically wrong with what you state here.
    But I sure hope you actually understand why many are worked up about this, and are using the phrase blood on his hands in this case.
    It could have been handled so much differently. I can’t believe I even need to explain that.
    I just want you to have the chance to show that you are not an apologist for biden or anything, because this sounds like an apologist for biden
    Oh don't get me wrong, I think Biden is a terrible president and him saying he has "zero responsibility" in the Taliban takeover (and the botched withdrawal that killed 13 US service members) is a real disgrace.

He's the commander in chief, he's s 100% responsible for soldiers killed while he's in office.
    Even if another president started that war and deployed those troops overseas.

I was only saying that "all presidents have blood on their hands" because their decisions get people killed.
    Sometimes even when they make the right decisions ...

I was also saying that Biden is "the real president", meaning he's de facto president.
    Regardless of possible voting fraud or whatever.
    He's in the White House and in charge.

Saying he's not the real is silly, just like it was silly when people said that about Trump.

I also think that every Walmart in American should be able to sell machine guns to anyone without any background check, and without federal tax or registration ... so clearly I'm not a fan of Mr "you only need a shotgun" Biden. :):

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Better MOABs than boots on the ground. I agree with those that say we've lost enough of our young in that :poop:hole

That was the recommendations of every expert,
    Minimal boots on the ground, conduct an air war with an enemy that doesn't have an air force with minimal/ineffective air defense.

Now the tribals are on their own yet again against the Taliban/ISIS.
    You know, the ones that were pro-american in both wars...

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    You would need to change the constitution to make it happen.
    It's funny you said that, I almost added that to my post.

Rules or standards don't seem to apply to that position any longer however so; I'm sure nobody will check. :whistle:

With a platform like that, 99.9% of The Republic of INGO is almost certainly to vote for Sylvain! (.1% got Kut...)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Rules or standards don't seem to apply to that position any longer however so; I'm sure nobody will check. :whistle:

With a platform like that, 99.9% of The Republic of INGO is almost certainly to vote for Sylvain! (.1% got Kut...)

The virus has a better record than that...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Wait until you hear my views on gender equality, and how women should have the right to be shirtless in public just like men do ... we might reach 100%. :):

Top Bottom