www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does any of that surprise you?

All of these "mistakes" are really part of the plan. The military bureaucrats thrive off of war.

And the best way to curry favor with the public and get them to ask you to bomb other people is to be able to show them some dead bodies.

Same thing happens with the mass murders here in the US. The murderers are well all known to law enforcement and they know they are likely to go off the reservation and kill lots of people, but they sit back and tell us that it is the guns that are the problem.
    Like this? BREAKING:

He was known to authorities and on active police surveillance when he stabbed 6 people.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    See the disconnect there in your own thoughts?

It's not that America or the American gov't wanted the Taliban in charge. It's that we weren't willing to do what would need to be done for the Taliban to not eventually be in charge. Trump knew it and is why he negotiated with the Taliban. Biden's screw up wasn't leaving, it was how he left. We weren't going to fight Pakistan. We weren't going to stay for generations. It was not worth it to us. Afghanistan and the Taliban is not a threat to our sovereignty. They are not a peer nation capable of inflicting debilitating damage. They are not a threat to our way of life, aside from any self-inflicted wounds from reacting to terrorism. How much time/treasure/talent do we continue to invest to prop up not-Taliban?
    I'm sorry but I don't see a disconnect. Maybe your perception that one exists stems from the faulty assumption that you believe I think we should have stayed. I don't.

I'm simply saying the manner in which the withdrawal was executed has served the interests of the Taliban with great damage to our own. There were too many individual decisions through this whole process that resulted in those two outcomes for this to be coincidental and I have to wonder why.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sorry but I don't see a disconnect.

No, the disconnect is when you say you think we wanted the Taliban in charge vs we accepted the Taliban would be in charge*. Even if Biden & Co had orchestrated the absolute bestest exit from the country ever, the end result was going to be Taliban in charge.

*or at least the currently winning faction of their ongoing tribal warfare.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    What is with this assbag bidet always pronouncing "taliban" as "tollybon"?
    Who is directing him to do that?
    Same with obama speeches about "pakistan" as "pocky-ston".
    It grates every time I hear it.
    The same person that trained Obama to do it. It’s always bothered me, as well. They don’t deserve the respect of correct pronunciation of their names. Especially by our president.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    No, the disconnect is when you say you think we wanted the Taliban in charge vs we accepted the Taliban would be in charge*. Even if Biden & Co had orchestrated the absolute bestest exit from the country ever, the end result was going to be Taliban in charge.

*or at least the currently winning faction of their ongoing tribal warfare.
    When you say disconnect, do you simply mean you disagree? Because disconnect used in this context generally denotes a logical fallacy.

I don't disagree than we should have gotten out, and I don't disagree that the expectation was that the Taliban would take over when we left. So fundamentally the only point of contention is whether our withdrawal was executed in a specific manner that served to prop up the Taliban. I see a series of decisions made throughout this withdrawal process that seemed to serve that purpose. One or two might be a coincidence, but when it's nearly all of them, I stop believing it's coincidental.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    A great talk about how it’s not a coincidence, go check out wagyu52 latest post in the patriots at the capital thread.

edit; pay no attention to the text in the link, irrelevant.
    “You can’t screw up a country this bad in 7 months without doing it on purpose”.
    Worth the listen.
    I saw that earlier, and I think he got a lot of things right. It will take a lot of wisdom to correctly strike the proper balance between refusing to take the bait and not waiting until all hope of righting the ship has been extinguished.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    So haven’t heard anything on the news or anything else about going to get the stranded US people in Afghanistan !?
    So is this just a write off or what !?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So haven’t heard anything on the news or anything else about going to get the stranded US people in Afghanistan !?
    So is this just a write off or what !?
    Probably not going to “hear it on the news”. If you do it’s a lie or old news.

Here’s a link to save our allies. It sounds like they’ve pivoted away from rescue https://saveourallies.org/ and to placement and care, of both afghans and vet support.

Here’s a link to an interview with a former Bush assistant Secretary of defense person that still trying to get people out overland, since the airports are closed.
    Unfortunately no links in that for further info.

I think the least we can do is dig for info to keep awareness up, hoping something sticks. The people that are working probably really feel a need to stay under the radar though.

They will write it off if we let them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood

I knew this was coming even though people assumed that it wouldn't. China is going to secure the largest rare earth deposits known outside China.

No rare earths no computers.....
    Time to give some money to Elon Musk to haul in some asteroids with some rare earth metals.

Top Bottom