• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Pick your new rifle from something you saw on TV, as opposed to actually getting your hands on several similar weapons, and THEN making a decision ? Well, whatever works for ya, but I'd think it more prudent to try some out first, if you have the opportunity.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Thank you to everyone who has offered to let him "come and shoot". I'm PM for gereral location/range you'd like to meet at. I really don't care if he knows (heck he usually picks out his own presents and I just write the check), the problem is getting him to spend a Saturday on something for him. 99% of the time, anything I plan for him becomes how he "doesn't really need _____". He will spend on my son and on me but not on himself.

I was looking at the 22's simply because I have a 22 single action revolver, so there is always ammo in the house. Once again, spending on US not HIM. Also, he would be shooting paper but I am going to take into consideration the idea he might like something with a bit more kick.

As far as hunting goes, that is not going to happen unless it become an absolute necessity. Let's just say it would take to long to explain, but it is not his nature.

Thanks so much. I'll let everyone know what I come up with.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Hi Kitty, I don't know Jay, but I also live in the Marion area, and belong to the Deer Creek Conservation Club. I also have several lever guns that your hubby might like including a first year production 1886 winchester in 45-70, if he would like to fire the real deal. Maybe we could all get together and make some noise

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    \
    He is right, no doubt there. Lever rifles are very, very cool and the Henry is fine example. He will be pleased and you are a good wife.

Terry

Yes. And he wants THIS one:

Jackson Armory | Inventory

Henry%20W%20Provenance%20001.jpg

Top Bottom