• Status
    Not open for further replies.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Yeap sure have and also won my fair share i shoot for me for defensive reasons and to challenge myself by using lesser gear or practical gear like shooting uspsa from concealment or duty gear.
    My game as you call it is a game but also more practical than many others we have rules that make idpa and uspsa and 3 gun clubs cringe..
    Everyone shoots competitions for their own reasons, I can't fault you for that.

we have fun and help out each other even during big money matches why beacuse we are friends and not score whores.
    I've had many "score whores" help me as a fellow competitor, helping clean and load my muddy mags after shooting a muddy stage and needing to reshoot it due to a range equipment failure. My experiences at practical shooting events seem to be completely opposite of what both of you guys have posted. You'd be surprised what an outgoing attitude can do for you at a match. Of course having a chip on your shoulder or being a flat out dick won't do much good. Proper sportsmanship is the key, and you'll find that good sportsmanship is very common, as a whole, among practical shooters. Sure it's a competitive environment, but that's what happens when you keep score. If you think your "real world" isn't a competition, you're mistaken, the stakes are just a little higher.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    we are some of the most outgoing shooters and guys you have met a lot
    of the local shooters are chips and attiudes of greatness. many more are fun and good to go we have loaned out ammo....guns and gear to knew shooters we have given off our backs to those that needed funny i never see a group of soliders getting mags and gear given to them at IDPA or USPSA matches or donations to WWP a few other actions events have now started following suit .

we have no chips here. that is why many of us folcked to this from our other local matches like TFin used to get offers of advice from guys on how to run his ak (which by the way he is very adapt at doing so ) Only to find out these guys dont even own one...... since he is a youngerish looking type guy.

No you are very mistaken the difference of real world and games vs some ******* sticking a knife in my arm or neck or the guys placing rounds on me, while im shooting from concealment rig not my ghost holster with open gun and 28 round mags using loads that just make power factor and game triggers
    running from box to box with no follow through and asesment (and by follow through i mean shooting the guy to the ground and covering my world his and that of those around me.

I have been to defensive shooting scholls taught by great and past great comp shooters and learned some good things about shooting and shooting faster and alot of nothing about fighting

games are games fun and skills.

Killing people is about Mindsets techniques tactics and your willingness to do so NOW not on a buzzer going to a box. its automated reflex action I dont fight from surrender.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    we are some of the most outgoing shooters and guys you have met a lot
    of the local shooters are chips and attiudes of greatness. many more are fun and good to go we have loaned out ammo....guns and gear to knew shooters we have given off our backs to those that needed funny i never see a group of soliders getting mags and gear given to them at IDPA or USPSA matches or donations to WWP a few other actions events have now started following suit .
    Wrong: Marine war vet gets big surprise from STI, Dawson and local Clubs - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No you are very mistaken the difference of real world and games vs some ******* sticking a knife in my arm or neck or the guys placing rounds on me, while im shooting from concealment rig not my ghost holster with open gun and 28 round mags using loads that just make power factor and game triggers
    running from box to box with no follow through and asesment (and by follow through i mean shooting the guy to the ground and covering my world his and that of those around me.

I don't see ANYTHING in stage 3 that is any more "tactical" than any old USPSA stage... where is the cover? And why stare at the gun before engaging the last target? THAT, my friend, will get you killed. Like it or not, I still have yet to see any crowd that has better shooting abilities from a technical standpoint than the "gamer" one.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    thats great, they did something after the fact.(still awesome as hell) we do it before. we have had free training classes for guys going overseas. and use what little contact we have to secure gear to guys in need before they go .

games are games.

ah all that was was a loading shooting moving drill and various shooting zones on targets. nothing fancy

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    I don't see ANYTHING in stage 3 that is any more "tactical" than any old USPSA stage... where is the cover? And why stare at the gun before engaging the last target? THAT, my friend, will get you killed. Like it or not, I still have yet to see any crowd that has better shooting abilities from a technical standpoint than the "gamer" one.

I'm not trying to continue this debate, but that was me shooting that stage. My last round on the 2nd to last target didn't feel right and thought I may have had a malfunction. I peaked at the ejection port to see if something was wrong, noticed it was fine, and continued to shoot.

No stage I've seen from any discipline is "winnable" in a real life situation. That isn't the point, and isn't my argument.

Likewise, you've seen a total of 3 minutes of footage from one match, and now have the ability to pick apart the shooters and organization.....yeah okay.

Of course having a chip on your shoulder or being a flat out dick won't do much good. Proper sportsmanship is the key, and you'll find that good sportsmanship is very common, as a whole, among practical shooters.

Now you're making assumptions about my personality to back up your argument. I try to be the most outward and helping as I can. I consistently run free clinics for new shooters, offer my personal time to teach and coach people, give ammo, guns, and gear for guys to run, pay for match entrances for newbies who want to try it out. Don't tell me I have a chip on my shoulder.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Now you're making assumptions about my personality to back up your argument. I try to be the most outward and helping as I can. I consistently run free clinics for new shooters, offer my personal time to teach and coach people, give ammo, guns, and gear for guys to run, pay for match entrances for newbies who want to try it out. Don't tell me I have a chip on my shoulder.
    I never pointed a finger at you for being a dick or having a chip on your shoulder, you assumed that on your own. The chip on the shoulder comment was directed at Steve for coming out of the gate swinging after I had only asked a simple question. I don't see how my question warranted the hostility that it got.

Your own words:

Maybe I'm anti social, maybe the other games attract a-holes. Dunno which one it is.

Sounds like you already have an idea that you are anti-social. Knowing that you doubt your own social skills and that most practical shooters I've ever met have been good people leads me to believe that your former guess is true.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I never pointed a finger at you for being a dick or having a chip on your shoulder, you assumed that on your own. The chip on the shoulder comment was directed at Steve

Sounds like you already have an idea that you are anti-social. Knowing that you doubt your own social skills and that most practical shooters I've ever met have been good people leads me to believe that your former guess is true.

What part of "let's not take it in a personal direction" don't you understand? :n00b:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom