• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rhetorical here, of course but…what law would have prevented a murderer from murdering? I think I‘ve read where Maine has a red flag law and even though this guy was on their radar, for whatever reason, they chose not to use it. This business had a no guns signs (and I think I read too that Maine‘s no guns signs have the effect of law).

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This article indicates he acquired a Ruger SFAR .308 just days prior to his ordered (Command Referral) mental hospitalization for 10 days, along with a Beretta 92.

It'll be interesting how MSM "spins" this... given how much they've over-hyped the intermediate .223/5.56 cartridge... but little doubt they will.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Well, the POS evidently shot himself while hiding in a dumpster. Fitting end for him. Now we are left with the Libtards screaming to infringe on the rights of the law abiding citizens who didn't do this. What about the law abiding citizens who were following the law by not carrying a gun in GFZ's? They would have at least had the chance to defend themselves when this POS finally snapped.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Ever notice: whatever the problem is, it persists because whatever law is inadequate or…if only we properly funded It?

...and all of the examples of history where the most oppressive and restrictive laws implemented and enforced, the system still failing, the only thing left is to reduce the number of people...

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    This article indicates he acquired a Ruger SFAR .308 just days prior to his ordered (Command Referral) mental hospitalization for 10 days, along with a Beretta 92.

It'll be interesting how MSM "spins" this... given how much they've over-hyped the intermediate .223/5.56 cartridge... but little doubt they will.
    It’s an evil black rifle. They don’t differentiate between calibers. They are all evil in their eyes.

Heck, I was watching local news coverage when this all came out and the reporter said he used an “AK style rifle”. Me and my son just looked at each other and shook our heads.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would think ONE executive order could require the DOD to notify ATF and FBI of service members talking about committing mass murder.
    But that would require thinking saving lives is more important than more gun control.
    Remember the Democrat motto: "Never let a crisis go to waste."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Dang, .308 in close quarters. That's a relative rarity.

I always said if mass shooters ever figured out .308s with modern hunting ammunition it would knock a lot of victims from the "wounded" column into the "killed" column.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I prefer that it cost the establishment more than they can afford to pay and stay open..
    I agree completely.

But then again I thought Maine had the same silly law about alcohol sales and firearms possession as Ohio. Could it be that the establishments had no choice?

I am not positive either way. I just know I went to OH this summer and the hotel even had signs up, which surprised and angered me at the same time.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I agree completely.

But then again I thought Maine had the same silly law about alcohol sales and firearms possession as Ohio. Could it be that the establishments had no choice?

I am not positive either way. I just know I went to OH this summer and the hotel even had signs up, which surprised and angered me at the same time.
    If it is law there. Is suing a gun free establishment that is gun free by law really any different that suing a gun manufacturer?

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour

Just saw this headline thought would share.

Maine Mass Shooter Purchased .308-Caliber ‘Battle Rifle’ Days Before Mental Health Hospitalization: Report​

A battle rifle is more powerful and has a greater effective range than the smaller .223-caliber AR-style 'assault rifles' that are the standard issue for the U.S. military​

Top Bottom