• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My axe is never sharp enough? Lol. I assume you are an RN based on your name. Your "negative push back" in public settings is nil compared to that of LE. And I don't see INGO members quoting SC decisions to speak negatively of those in the healthcare field. I will continue to defend the honorable actions of LE, especially when I feel a comment is made to denigrate them.
    Fact of the matter is you can't be everywhere all the time. It's just not possible unless the police forces multiply by a factor of 100 and literally post people in every place people are and that is a completely different issue. People need to be allowed to protect themselves because the police are usually not going to be there to stop whatever is happening until after its done.

Police, usually, are a reactionary force and not a preventative as it should be. Locking people up because we think they MIGHT do something burns too many constitutional amendments its not even funny.

Plus you can only do so much when prosecutors won't press charges, or judges reduce sentences to time served etc for repeat offenders. Sure, keep arresting them but what good does it do when they're back on the street committing the same offense later that day?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I think that we should be careful about happily pointing out when handguns rather than AR-15s are used in "mass shootings" . It's not like anti gun nuts don't want to take those away from us, too. Especially ones that are "fully semiautomatic weapons of war, capable of using a removable 'clip' with a capacity greater than 10".
    Some of our "friends" consider anything holding 10 or more rounds an assault weapon, including handguns.. They simply want us disarmed completely.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    My axe is never sharp enough? Lol. I assume you are an RN based on your name. Your "negative push back" in public settings is nil compared to that of LE. And I don't see INGO members quoting SC decisions to speak negatively of those in the healthcare field. I will continue to defend the honorable actions of LE, especially when I feel a comment is made to denigrate them.
    I wasn't speaking negatively about LE. That was literally the point of my follow up post. I wanted you to understand that. It's up to you whether or not you want to continue to dig in, raise your blood pressure, get more frustrated etc

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    There was some question up thread as to whether UNLV is a so-called "gun free zone." Yes, I believe it is by statute. Since UNLV is part of the "Nevada System of Higher Education," it's covered by NRS 202.265. Doesn't appear there's a "parking lot" provision that would allow a weapon to be stored in a vehicle either. Nice job Nevada. Linky below:

So, NV law sets up UNLV as a "defenseless victim zone," aka a shooting gallery.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wasn't speaking negatively about LE. That was literally the point of my follow up post. I wanted you to understand that. It's up to you whether or not you want to continue to dig in, raise your blood pressure, get more frustrated etc
    I'm not digging in or getting amped up. Just explaining my position. Thanks for explaining yours.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There was some question up thread as to whether UNLV is a so-called "gun free zone." Yes, I believe it is by statute. Since UNLV is part of the "Nevada System of Higher Education," it's covered by NRS 202.265. Doesn't appear there's a "parking lot" provision that would allow a weapon to be stored in a vehicle either. Nice job Nevada. Linky below:

So, NV law sets up UNLV as a "defenseless victim zone," aka a shooting gallery.
    I think there are only around 11 states that by law allow campus carry and shockingly I think CO, OR, and WI make that list! Many states leave it up the the school which usually votes against it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I think there are only around 11 states that by law allow campus carry and shockingly I think CO, OR, and WI make that list! Many states leave it up the the school which usually votes against it.

Indeed, yet being prohibited by law or policy are two very different things. State preemption extending to state college & university campuses is an issue that needs pushing in our state.

Top Bottom