Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Two coming from the Terre Haute area but I don't want to name names here and ruin reputations of innocent people that I like and respect. We have five that I knew about. I also think I have recruited two more, and Rhino told me about one I did not know about. We may be full. I will email or pm the TH crowd to you. If Soundslikejosh want in we can make it work. PM me for directions.
    Round count is 300 we are not jacking around we are going to shoot and be the best value around. Plenty of bang for the buck. Pun intended.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Many thanks to Coach, obijohn, and rhino for putting up with and training a complete newbie to the sport. These fellows run a very professional and safe operation. At the same time, they were friendly, entertaining and offered a large amount of one on one assistance.

Accolades to DougBarnes101, Soundslikejosh and the other participants for all the tips, pointers and advice.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    bwf ... I'm glad you had a good time and found it to be a valuable learning experience! I'm looking forward to having you with us again on Saturday for the intro to competition class.

To all ... I have the results finished, but I don't have most of your e-mail addresses. If you send it to me at joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com, I will send them to you. Otherwise, I've sent them to obijohn and Coach, and they can forward them to you when they have time.

I've also put a lot of explanations on the results to help you understand what it all means.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    +1 for ACT. The mini-league was a nice mixture of practice and competition.

If you are not able to receive constructive criticism gracefully, I would encourage you to stay home and read a nice Nora Roberts book. If you are looking to learn to improve YOUR shooting, then this is a good opportunity for you. They are polite, but they will point out your flaws/weaknesses.

One of the highlights of this event is the critiquing you receive. During your run, Coach, Obijohn and Rhino all watch your performance, and then suggest things that are specific to you. Any good instructor should be able to tell you the elements of (for example) a good grip, but the ACT group will highlight the specific problem in your grip (for example). Because each shooter has different problems, you end up hearing it all by the end of the day. One guy may need counseling on grip issues, another guy has trigger control problems, another has a shaky draw, etc. This is more palatable than a lecture style where you sit and learn about one topic, then the next, then the next.

The only person I knew before this event was Rhino. Despite that fact, I still took a chance and showed up. :): I am now willing to recommend Coach and Obijohn as well. I expect that whoever else is a part of ACT will bring a similar level of professionalism and experience.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    burl and josh, thanks for the kind words. the format you experienced is unique. the normal comp pistol 101 class has a bit more sit and listen to a lecture, but the target (get it?hehe) audience is different. looking forward to seeing you again.

burl, now you know what you are getting into. are you ready? ...beep.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    just wanted let everyone know that we hope to make the league shoot at least a monthly thing. likely on the saturday before the wabash valley PPS match on the 3rd sunday. look for this to start up again in march or so. maybe february if global warming helps us out...hehe.

Top Bottom