• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Still having trouble ... the text above is NOT what I had entered in the editing screen before I submitted, and again I failed to save.

There is a bigger problem than just the words in the title, I think.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ...greencastle, in. finished it for you.

we'd also like to offer ingo members $5 off the normal $25 cost per meeting. we hope to make this an ongoing event. this meeting is the day before the monthly WVPPS match at Riley CC.

more info? pm rhino, coach or me.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Why start the league the week before the training class?

that's just how the scheduling worked out this time. we are trying to time the league to be on the same weekend at the WVPPS match so we can take what we've learned to a well run, friendly match and try it out.

most folks that seek instruction in USPSA competition have tried a match or two and learned how much fun can be had. it's even more fun when you've got a better idea of what's going on.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Starting 18 October 2008, Adaptive Consulting & Training will conduct the first meeting of a novice USPSA league as part of our competitive shooting program. The league will operate similarly to a USPSA match, with three or four stages for each “match.” Each member of the class will shoot each stage at least twice. After each first attempt, instructors will discuss the relative merits and problems of the “run” with the entire class. Following coaching and suggestions, each student will repeat the course of fire and again receive constructive feedback on their performance. The stages will become progressively more complex and difficult with each subsequent meeting, adapting to the class as needed. Although the mini league is a complement to and not a substitute for attending our competitive shooting class, participation in the league will help prepare a shooter for safe participation in USPSA competition. This is a great opportunity for anyone with an interest in competitive shooting or just better pistol shooting in general.

Cost: $25 per meeting; $5 discount available to active participants of the INGO

Additional notes:
    · The mini leagues are intended for novice shooters who wish to gain a better understanding of how to safely participate in practical shooting competition, not experienced competitors.
    · Those interested primarily in IDPA competition will also benefit from the mini league and introductory competition class as IDPA and its predecessor USPSA/IPSC are substantially similar sports. Instructors will note differences as necessary.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why start the league the week before the training class?
    The league as Obijohn stated is so that people could go to the WVPPS match the next day and perhaps use some of the new skills or pointers from the league coaching. Also I would like to see this league being geared toward competitors that are a little more experienced. Folks who have some matches under their belts.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    still some room in the league. let me know if you would like to attend.

we'd like to run this monthly, but it will depend on demand.

Top Bottom