• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Okay so I bought a pretty used P226 and decided to pretty it up by having the slide phosphated. Sent it to a friend who worked for a plating company and just got a message today:

Hey, several places wouldn't plate well so it was sent to be striped again and...the guy left it in the tub over night. It's...dead, now.

By "dead", the entire slide is now a green color and pitted all over.

So I'm looking for a new slide to replace this one but have no idea where to get JUST the slide for a plain old P226 9mm.

Any help pointing in a right direction?

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Ummmmmm are you looking for a new friend also?....:(

Would be if it was him who done it but it was another employee at the place.

Slide looks beyond usage, plus worry about structural integrity after an all night acid bath...though the "Aliens" edition is an intriguing idea....

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Zombie Special!

I think I'd be asking the people who destroyed it buy me a new gun. That's just me though...... :draw:

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Would be if it was him who done it but it was another employee at the place. Slide looks beyond usage, plus worry about structural integrity after an all night acid bath...though the "Aliens" edition is an intriguing idea....
    Post it on Ebay " Museum Quality P226 Slide Found By Divers On East Coast Believed To Be From The Mayflower Expedition To Plymouth Rock!!"......Please understand the pitting on this thing it has been submerged for a very long time! Any longer and this beautiful relic may have dissolved for ever.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Doesn't sound like something I would want to tackle, but thanks guys for thinking of me :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Would be if it was him who done it but it was another employee at the place.

Slide looks beyond usage, plus worry about structural integrity after an all night acid bath...though the "Aliens" edition is an intriguing idea....

Post some pics. Would be interesting to see how bad it is.

Sounds like the work was worth every penny you paid for it.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Thanks for all the truly insightful and on topic responses. Its appreciated.

I'll post pics once I can, it looks pretty ate up and green.

And I'm sorry I didn't use your friends services, I suppose I did deserve to have my project destroyed because I went with my friend over yours.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw

And I'm sorry I didn't use your friends services, I suppose I did deserve to have my project destroyed because I went with my friend over yours.

You get what you pay for.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

From a pics standpoint just interested to see what it looks like.

And no concerns at all on my side on who you used, but like most things, if you don't have some kind of "business agreement" on the transaction, and it really is just a friend thing, then you have no recourse.

Top Bottom